We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Recently acquired this (I assume to have been) Jackie Robinson Signed Baseball. Would appreciate Specific opinions regarding its signature. Meaning, if you don't like it, I would appreciate if you would share what specifically it is that you dont like about its signature. 

Views: 1343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for your opinion on this Auto. Woody2Shoes
QUESTION4U: Do you feel the same about the 2 Autos. below as you do about the Black Markered Auto?

Mike,

As I asked you earlier, please post clear, sharp images of those autographs and the items they're on if you want opinions. That includes high quality JPGs, not the fuzzy, blurry, highly degraded ones you posted.

Indeed. One can't read surfaces with these images. 

Your wish is my command Steve. Below are Full Ball images of my 2 other JR balls.

These appear quite different. To what do you attribute this discrepancy?

Are you replying to me Eric? If so, I dont quite understand your question. Can you please clarify.

QUESTION4U: Do you feel the same about the 2 Autos. below as you do about the Black Markered Auto?

Answer. 

Sorry, I have better Images of my other 2 JR balls for you to evaluate Woody2Shoes

Mike Bloom,

I'm going to stop you right here. You said you needed opinions on an autograph you claimed you recently acquired. Several members wanted to help you and took the time to give you their opinion on it, in hope that it would help you get your money back on your Jackie Robinson ball, which, frankly, sure looks like a pathetic forgery to me. One that could only fool a neophyte collector.

But you are not someone new to autographs, since you are doing the same things that card carrying members of the forgery industry do here a half dozen or so times a year:

1. They post an autograph or autographs claiming they recently acquired them and asking for help in determining authenticity.

2. After members help them, they try to find ways to make them look bad, inexperienced, ridicule us, etc.

3. They then talk about how only forensic document examiners have the skill and education necessary to properly authenticate autographs, that only they can testify about them in court, etc. None of which is true. 

Judging from the forensic examiners who issue COAs and LOAs for sellers of autographs, the only education they have is in how to keep their conscience at bay and cash checks. Autographs sold with forensic examiner authentication are a sign of forgery, not authenticity. Eric's point about forensic examiners is true. In autographs, like on cop shows, you find forensic examiners at the scene of a crime.

4. Then they tell us to stop playing on the internet all day pretending we know anything, move out of Mom's basement, and get a real job.

My mom doesn't have a basement and her garage doesn't have wifi, so I had to get a real job 45 years ago. 

I personally spent serious time looking through examples of Jackie Robinson autographs to assist you, gave you an overall on his autograph to help you, sent you a link to a site that has many genuine Robinson autographs to help you learn more about them, and wanted to help you get your money back from whoever sold it to you.

Others spent serious time helping you too.

And you just wasted our time and tried to trap us. 

Rather pathetic, Mike.

+1...

Im sorry you feel this way Steve. Perhaps you can explain to me how it is that Im trying to trap you? Meaning, what is it about my questions that lead you to believe Im trying to trap you? And what exactly am I trying to trap you into? I never said I wanted to sell these balls, nor did I even imply it. So what could I possibly be intraping you into? All I asked for was your opinion. How can you trap somebody simply by asking for their opinion? I Didnt ask you for your creditcard#, I only asked you for your opinion, which is what I thought this site was all about. Asking for opinions on Autographs! If you didnt want to give your opinion, all you had to do was say no, rather than what you made me do which was to "work" for your opinion and after I do, you still wont give it? YOU TRICKED ME into working for your opinion and then renegged on your word and Im the1 who trapped you??

You asked me to upload better quality photos and you stated this was necessary in order for you to opinionate on my 2 additional Autos (which makes NO sense whatsoever, since the characteristics of the autos in the lowrez photos I uploaded show exactly as they would in highrez photos. But so as to not be confrontational, I take the time to honor your request by snapping pictures of my balls and then upload them as you requested and instead of opinionating on my autos (as you said you would do if I uploaded highrez photos) you instead decide not to honor your word and instead accuse me of trapping you?   Rather Pathetic, Steve!

”by snapping pictures of my balls and then upload them”

I for one think that’s a pretty rude thing to do! Sorry, couldn’t help myself... :-)

Regarding the OP ”signed” ball, IMO that looks like a really bad forgery!!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service