We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hello,

I have strong suspicions that this is not a legit sig. I was attracted to the item on eBay and was glad that I didn't win! I bid up to $500 and then my spidey senses kicked in. It sold for $1225.

Thanks for any opinions. 

Tags: annnd..itsgone

Views: 690

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’m not sure which ones you’re referring to.

The last jim morrison signatures in rr auction were in red/marron or orange felt pen.

I don't say fake... but for me the debut album signed by Jim morrison in orange felt pen have something strange... i don't know...

What exactly do you find "strange" about the signed LP. There are several genuine items that Jim signed using an orange felt pen. There are also handwritten pages of poetry using this color felt pen. It's a magnificent piece and is now only the 5th authentic signed Doors LP that I've seen with Morrison on it. 

And how come this type of pen signed in a smooth surface like that album, holds the color so well and without any smudging?

Magnificent is the right word. Some folks may balk at the winning bid with BP at £20250.
Some context, the genuine Morrison Hotel piece with Jim’s signature within the inside gatefold, sold for $17000+ in 2012

https://www.rrauction.com/PastAuctionItem/3251915

This debut signed album that we refer to is a sure fire winner and it’s final price while out of reach to us mere mortals, will prove to be somewhat of a steal. If this had been auctioned at RRauctions, +$30000 before BP would not have been far fetched. The lucky winner has a treasure in their hands. And good luck to them 

As far as items that aren’t that valuable on their own and that contain only his signature, I can’t think of anything that would top it. It’s a true “holy grail” in that category. It’s amazing what can still turn up at auction after so many years.

And how come this type of pen signed in a smooth surface like that album, holds the color so well and without any smudging?

Worst forgery of Jimbo I've seen in years.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service