We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Jim Morrison of The Doors Exclusively on Elextra Records Signed Promotional Head Shot

Jim Morrison of The Doors Exclusively on Elextra Records Signed Promotional Head Shot
Posted by Matty Mich on November 4, 2018 at 8:41am in Music Autographs & MemorabiliaView Discussions
Jim Morrison Fans -----

It's time to share this photo with the world. Apparently very few people even know this exists. First, I was surprised to learn the low number of authentic Jim Morrison autographs, cutouts-photos-anything- in the wild (300 +-). Second, I sorta expected to see some sort of version of this promotional head shot photograph elsewhere over the past 20 years. NOTHING! I would love to have some fun with this autograph community and encourage a healthy discussion. Let me open the DOOR; I will say this came with the concert program (California show). Unfortunately, while in college I had a debt to be paid and my friend got extremely lucky receiving the program instead of cash money. The program is long gone and hopefully it is sitting in a good home. I do not remember (yet) the location or the year of the concert and I so WISH I still had that item. The value would be incredible due to confirmation and authenticity with time and location. If I saw a copy of a program, I will be able to remember and fill in the blanks (Location, Venue, Date......) Any direction for this type of material to view would be greatly appreciated. This will allow me to share with all interested fans.

I am curious what everyone thinks and what they know about this Item. I may even consider putting it up for sale but am not ready to put a price on it yet if at all. Like anything, it’s worth what someone is willing to pay for as well as what it takes to get it out of my extensive, precious Rock n Roll Collection.

Enough from me now, I will enjoy sharing information with everyone over the next few weeks. I encourage everyone to post their opinion, questions and comments. Everyone is welcome to chime in on this one.

IMG_20181104_082307996.jpg    

Sincerely, Matty

Tags: 301, Autograph, Concert, Headshot, Jim, Morrison, Original, Photo, Rare, Unique

Views: 2640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Eric. I believe it’s the same item.

So then you have seen two total (yours shown twice)?

There are actually three Morrison signed photos. There’s the two full sets that I posted, and Matty’s single Morrison signed photo. Those are the only ones I’ve seen.

PUG, 

look at the second photo on the first page, it also has the white edges you noticed and attributed it to being caused by a frame.  I don't think it is discolored for This reason.  I think it was just the way it was rendered when designed/printed by the photographer / print house.  Not caused by being in a frame or not matted, just by design.  I Just wanted to follow-up and clarify it had been bothering me since you pointed it out..  I have learned so much from this exercise,  I can't thank all of you enough for the collaborative education.  Time well spent!

Hello again to my new friends from Autograph  Magazine!,

I genuinely thank everyone for their input and opinion (some experts some just curious fans like myself).  All of us put time and effort into the research and discovery of a total of THREE like images.  What I want to understand from our teams best finality/conclusions are the following:

1. Is it an authentic Jim Morrison signed piece?  If you are not sure how about a 1-10 guess!

2. If it is authnitid what do you suppose the value is.  Consider there are approximately only 300 known authentic signatures including checks and contracts,  Apparently signed photographs are the most rare of the lot.  The quality of my item is clearly well used and enjoyed by many folks in the past.  I like that fact because it is difficult to forge age in this particular way.  It also adds character to the piece!  That being said, I would appreciate and enjoy opinions both the YES and the NAYSAYERS.   

3.  What would you do with this great item if you owned it for 20 years and enjoyed it up to this point?  

Finally, I don't know if i do want to sell this item.  If I choose to do so Im guessing i will use this website so that the people that put effort into research may receive some sort of financial gain as well as more traffic to this wonderful site.  I am sure people will enjoy additional input and reading more as new information is presented/published over time.  Since I may likely hang on to item, contact me if you are interested in it, I will keep your information on my list of people first to contact.   I consider "seeing" it in the family being important, but I can't just "Give" it away I am sure everyone understands.  

Sincere Thanks to each and everyone of you,

Matty

I personally, still, just can't say with 100% certainty that the item in question is authentic. Some of the letters are structured commonly as Jim would do, but then again other parts are formed completely out of character. The second "O" is very odd, as is the "RR"'s. The first "O" being connected to the "M" is something I have never seen Jim do in the 160 exemplars I have in my files other than his 3 yearbook signatures. In the past year or so, these 3 promo photos sold for $26,000.- $14,000.- $14,000.- +- respectively.

Team Morrison Fans,

Im going to hang on to this item for now and let this page speak for itself.  Again, please continue to provide input and call me if you want to entertain an offer (412-216-8989 email michanowicz@yahoo.com) .  Im a relaxed cat not going anywhere fast.  If I choose to sell it, I will take personal offers first. I may also offer it up for bidding on this sight or somewhere else, who knows i am open for recommendations!  If you want to purchase it and want me to authenticate it, (it may go to some of the cats on this page!  I guess this is where they say put your money where your mouth is....) tell me where you feel comfortable with the process and I will send it there at no additional cost.  This will be good for the both of us because I only want the best for the collector community.  Too many horror stories out there that I do not want to be part of.  If it sells, I will tell everyone via this communication forum.   This has been a fun and educatuional process that was well worth my (and everyone else) time FOR SURE!   Thank you for everything up to this point and PLEASE KEEP THE COMMENTS, IDEAS AND COMPARISONS COMING!  Anything will help considering there are so few autographs out there.  I truly had NO IDIEA.  All additonal  information is healthy for everyone involved.  It will be interesting to see what else comes to the market over the next decade or so. It could be anywhere from zero to several hundred found in a box somewhere in LA after grandpa passes away....

Sincere thanks to all,

Matty

Mitch, will you take payment by regular PayPal for it? That way the buyer will have PayPal's buyer protection.

Regular PayPal, as opposed to Friends & Family which does not have buyer or seller protection.

Sure I have an old account probably 6-7 years old

Great. Make sure it's verified and linked to an active checking account in advance or you may have complications at higher values that could hold up your funds for a while.

I'll send it where you want to get authicauthori.  Name the organization and we will see what comes back.  After that we can negotiate a price. 

Matty

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service