We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Opinions as to authenticity. Seen any like it, as a known forgery?

Tags: Dimaggio, Joe, Mickey, mantle

Views: 1022

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More fakes that is. Don't get caught up in the why's Ezra. Study them for yourself and discover the truth. The references are your eyes. Worse of the worst forgeries. Site that for a reference that Fudd told ya so...LOL

You can't be serious?

Those are mass-produced forgeries.

Those are also obvious forgeries.

Christopher,

Not exactly something I would joke about. Nothing funny here, except my ignorance. Ignorance no longer, at that. This was my first experience with forgeries, so I guess iv'e been lucky and vigilant thus far. I honestly didn't think there was a mass market for Mantle forgeries, alas, apparently it's rampant. What will they think of next? I can honestly say, I had no business jumping in feet first. But, learned an expensive lesson just the same. 

Hopefully you won't make the mistakes I have.

Ezra, no one has exposed the "Florida" forgeries and sellers of them more than me.

I have literally written and posted hundreds of threads on the "Florida" forgeries and the sellers of the "Florida" forgeries.

Yours is mass-produced set of forgeries out of Florida.

You can rationalize all you want but the people here are generally experts I'm no expert but that is a well known forgery stye and there's literally thousands out there it's fake

As everybody has already said, very fake.

Sorry to read Ezra.

I am very sorry to read this. I was hoping you had not purchased them.

Yes, most con men are friendly and good salesmen. That is how they gain your CONfidence.

Forgeries are meant to have the appearance of looking authentic to those who don't know autographs.

The Forgery Industry is huge (especially on Ebay).

In my opinion and from observation, more forgeries are sold on Ebay than authentic autographs.

I'm curious, Ezra, if they were any COAs accompanying your photos?

Any holograms on the photos?

Christopher,

Good read on the information regarding GFA. There was one COA accompanying the Ted Williams auto. I wouldn't really call it a COA as such, it was more of a "Baffle 'em with B.S." piece of paper. I am normally suspect of any item with poorly pre-printed "certificates", but I guess I wanted to "believe". A fool and their money are soon parted. Does the name Nicholas Burzyck ring a bell? I googled the name when I got home after the purchase and discovered discrepancies in it's authenticity. That's when the fun began of attempting to contact the seller for a refund. It's just a run around with him or his wife. Always giving me some excuse as to why they can't discuss issues with the forgeries, because they were at work, driving, etc. Always saying they would call back, but never did. I have attempted going to their residence, only to discover a locked gate, and no trespassing signs. Me not wanting to be shot or attacked by dogs, have kept my distance. 

No holograms or stickers on the photos, except in places where it appears stickers may have been, but were removed. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service