We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

There was a recent discussion of a Lennon signature claimed to be from his appearance at radio station WFIL's Helping Hands Marathon in May, 1975. This prompted a suggestion that we should have a signature study of Lennon's sometimes difficult to authenticate post-Beatles signature. Some examples from this period are highly abbreviated.

I'd like to start by focusing on that May 1975 signing appearance with exemplars that are believed to be from that 3-day period. What would be particularly helpful would be examples from catalogs that go back a ways.

Here are a couple of WFIL signatures from Meet the Beatles For Real, one of which includes a doodle.

Here's a group of check signatures from 1970, sorted by date - April 8, June 3 (2), July 7, October 14, November 12 (3).

A few more from 1970:

Here are all of the examples I've seen that are known to be from 1973:

The abbreviated 1980 signature on copies of the Double Fantasy LP:

Tags: 1970s, Beatles, John, Lennon, WFIL

Views: 10350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They dont look right in my op.

I have hundreds of rock catalogs, many going back prior to www. I just have to find the time to start looking at them, digitizing those that arent already oniline, etc.

Attachments: No photo uploads here
Heres a few to sort.
Here's one from 1973

Thanks for the comments and exemplars.

No problem Ballroom, glad to be of help, this site was and still is helpful to me , it's nice to giveback some
This one from wfil
Antiquities wfil style!!
That sold for a cheap price on eBay before ending up at Antiquities.
Those are the style i remember on ebay, thanks.

Thanks. It's included in the OP.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service