We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Kate Bush - Signed Books Available On Friday 20 Jan at 9am (Waterstones, Rough Trade & Selected Independents)

A very limited number of signed copies will be released and can be pre-ordered from selected bookshops and record shops, from 9am on Friday 20th January (UK only).

NME state Waterstones and  Rough Trade will be two of the bookshops.

How To Be Invisible: Selected Lyrics - Paperback | Kate Bush

Tags: Bush, Kate

Views: 35935

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Steve! You made it worth the trouble of getting up at 4am here in the US! I got through the checkout at Resident Music, then it showed out of stock! Much scrambling around until you posted the Waterstones link! Cheers!

+1  I have never done this before getting up 4 AM here in the US.  Been drinking coffee since then.  Thank you, Steve!

Congrats to everyone who got it. This is a rare valuable item.

I don't know about valuable long-term.  Kate Bush is very talented. But she's hot now because of Stranger Things.  I think if you got one of the invisible ink ones there may be long-term value due to the limited nature.

The book is inexpensive, so it should always be worth a decent bit more than the retail on it. But it's future value will fade from current levels as people move on from Kate Bush as a pop culture phenomenon.  But still a nice piece for the collection. 

I had been trying to get a auto of hers for some years now and actually gave up hope when she blew up with Stranger Things. But most the legit ones I saw back then were going for $150+ give or take. So getting this for $30ish was amazing to me. I always felt like she was a nobody in the US but just assumed she was a household name in the UK. At least in her prime?

She has a very dedicated fan base, as demonstrated by the rush for tickets when she did her live residency in London in 2014. And no doubt she may have picked up some new fans thanks to Stranger Things. Personally, I’ve been a fan since seeing her here in the US on Saturday Night Live in 1978. I have a couple of signed items that I got from her through the mail, and I was lucky to snag the new signed paperback, missed out on the hardcover. Probably because I got up before the on sale time of 4am where I am!

I guess what I'm saying is people paying $400 for a signed paperback on eBay might as well be pulling out money and lighting it on fire.  Long-term it's probably a $100-150 item ( unless you have one with the hidden note).  So I guess what I'm saying is if you missed it, don't overpay secondary market due to FOMO.  It's still a nice item from a talented lady.  But as the Stranger Things fans hop off her bandwagon and other new shiny objects pop up, the prices will drop over time.  

I think the prices will only drop if the supply increases. This is rare and we can confirm it by the low number of book for sale on ebay.

In fact anything from her is rare. Her fans know it.

Kate has always had a massive  following and as only 500 of these paperback versions have been  sold they will always hold their value, obviously any of the unknown quantity of Hidden messaged copies will be even more valuable, her music will never die, as Stranger things has proven it's just opened up a new generation of fans! Like all the other top artists that have been around for many years, she will still be played and remembered when we are all long gone! 

This.

Right after a preorder sells out you will always see "FOMO-prices". Closer to release prices will start to drop. How far they drop depends on the initial edition size and possible extra signed copies of these like in bookstores, a US edition or a book tour. It is very rare for a pre-order to hold value at ebay preorder prices.

If this stays at 500 copies then the Stranger Things Effect will be negligible.

The original is still setting you back over £1k (recent sale) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334660617647 - I don't expect this to drop much in value. 

No chance she's going to do a book tour (but then I guess I would have said that about her playing live and got to see her at Hammersmith). There was no US edition last time but who knows.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service