We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

available for pre-order at Newburycomics (US only)

https://www.newburycomics.com/products/katy_perry-smile_cd_autograp...

Views: 9623

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, thanks for the counts guys. I'm still not sure whether I should keep looking for a drop in her shop. I know early on she said she was planning on signing thousands which technically could've all gone through Newbury.

That said, it seems like it'd be weird for her to have talked so much about the signed CD's just to have released them all through a smaller outlet like Newbury. But it also seems unlikely that she signed tens of thousands of 'em like Selena (who released multiple times on her site and via other outlets like RoughTrade).

Also does Newbury usually charge more for their signed CDs? I just realized that it was $17.99 but doesn't appear to be a deluxe edition or anything.

I think it's very likely signed albums will be available on her site later :) I think it's worth keeping an eye out...

Im guessing 300-500 signed on her official website max. She certainly didnt sign many Daisy vinyl singles through her shop and Newbury IS the de facto, best and most reliable seller of signed goods. They will go fast either way. 

9:19am CST: Katy Perry signed CD is back up on Newbury.

Another 3000 in stock so plenty to go around boys and girls!!!

They better be real autographs and not autopen. 

Despite the volume, odds are in favor of this being authentic.

just got thanks everyone 

Thanks for the restock notice guys, was able to order one.

They are selling much slower than I thought they would, but I guess that's due to the one-per limit (and no international). Plus, I keep seeing people that are "absolutely" certain Katy's going to drop them on all her stores as well this/next week, so a bunch seem to be holding out for that. She said early on that she'd be signing thousands, or potentially tens of thousands... so I guess we'll see.

I'm not worried about autopens/stamps because Newbury seems to be pretty good about that sort of thing. However, they do curiously keep saying they're signed booklets (someone asked for confirmation on Twitter), but the things Katy was signing before looked an awful lot like artcards.

My own belief is that 10s of thousands will not be signed. Real signers dont sign that many. Ariana Grande on her Sweetener promotion slogged through approx. 6500 before pulling the rug out from under the remaining 3500 prepaid/promised.

Katie is moving 4500 thru Newbury? I cant imagine too many more will be offered through her site, but I could be wrong. She did complain about carpal tunnel last Sun on her Podcast - relevant? Who knows.

Yeah, I'm skeptical this will all work out too. Giving Newbury 500 or even 1000 seems reasonable, but it sounds like it's closer to 5,000+ (2,000 yesterday and 3,000 restock). Choosing to allocate this many to Newbury is odd unless they're going to be exclusively through them (which makes no sense to make it US only and a relatively unknown retailer compared to places like Walmart/Target). Further, she hasn't pushed the Newbury sales at all on her platforms.

Selena signed tens of thousands (lithos, booklets, artcards), and I felt like those were authentic, but she's wasn't 8 months pregnant and her signature is a much faster "SG".

When she originally said, "...you better be there because I will be signing a limited amount of CDs, for sale, for you guys. So you can get a signed CD, and we're talking about thousands, maybe tens of thousands, maybe a hu... maybe my wrist won't work afterwards..." I assumed she was just being dramatic and not literal. All of this also excludes the countless Daisies vinyls that I'm now concerned about.

Either way, I still feel like Newbury's stepped up in the past when there were issues, so I'm not too worried about getting scammed. I am questioning if these will all show up at all though, and if so, in what timeframe.

According to her Smile Sundays livestream #2, she's signing fast and furiously as many cds as she can, here's a clip where she talks about signing cds: https://streamable.com/8hsjwm

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service