We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi everyone,

I have been DYING for an authentic/certified autograph piece of Kurt Cobain or Nirvana for my personal collection. The 2 attachments are from emails I have received recently from Antiquities of Las Vegas. One is a Kurt Cobain signed piece for $1450 and one is a Nirvana signed piece for $2300. I have been told that they both carry a lifetime guarantee from Antiquities and have been authenticated by a forensic examiner and come with that certfication as well. The Cobain piece was authenticated by Stephen Rocchi from GFA. I haven't inquired as to who authenticated the Nirvana piece. Before I do that I just want to see if you guys even think either of these are legit. Otherwise I won't even waste my time.

The prices seem super low for guaranteed and authenticated pieces. That makes me think they could be questionable. Also, I saw that Antiquities is not held in the most esteemed regard by searing this forum. If not for those 2 things I would probably have already bought one as the assurances they provide seem very solid.

Please chime in with your opinions. Thank you.

Views: 3009

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, even from my extremely limited experience, those look pathetic
Yuk.
The guitar is probably a 2015 model.
My framer, has been reframing a lot of Antiquities stuff and he says that he cant believe how there been framed using staples, gaffa tape, the stuff not meant to be used for preservation.

That first piece shows up as a Heritage Auctions sale from 2002.

You are replying to a discussion that is 8 years old. 

Whoops! I do that sometimes. :)

I never understood abandoning old posts.. they SHOULD be updated with new info and opinions. So many times searching reddit or other forums for info, I reach dead ends because information is no longer complete. I say post away.. why would it bother someone who isn't active with that post to begin with? People are always searching for info. That will never stop

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service