We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi everyone,

I have been DYING for an authentic/certified autograph piece of Kurt Cobain or Nirvana for my personal collection. The 2 attachments are from emails I have received recently from Antiquities of Las Vegas. One is a Kurt Cobain signed piece for $1450 and one is a Nirvana signed piece for $2300. I have been told that they both carry a lifetime guarantee from Antiquities and have been authenticated by a forensic examiner and come with that certfication as well. The Cobain piece was authenticated by Stephen Rocchi from GFA. I haven't inquired as to who authenticated the Nirvana piece. Before I do that I just want to see if you guys even think either of these are legit. Otherwise I won't even waste my time.

The prices seem super low for guaranteed and authenticated pieces. That makes me think they could be questionable. Also, I saw that Antiquities is not held in the most esteemed regard by searing this forum. If not for those 2 things I would probably have already bought one as the assurances they provide seem very solid.

Please chime in with your opinions. Thank you.

Views: 3010

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say no.

I have a signed Nirvana Heart Shaped Box CD left for sale. PM me for details. I used to run Nirvana's UK fanzine.

Richard,

Thanks. Please PM me. I don't know how to do it. I literally just found this web site and posted my discussion topic.

That's so cliché Richard (run the fanzine).
Dan he actually did run the fanzine.

Daniel, the Kurt autograph image may be large enough to authenticate from, but the Nirvana piece image isn't. You are right, though, that Antiquities isn't held in high esteem here, and that's for a very good reason. GFA isn't either for the same reason. I didn't know that they used GFA.

God no Dan.

Stay away.

I've known the owner of the Antiquities shop, Toby Stoffa for a long time. We're not friends, and she likely see's so many people that she wouldn't remember my name. But she "knows" me. 

I'm just like  many of you folks... it is a fascinating place...easy to browse with lots of eye candy!!

Having said all that I would be very very careful when buying any thing from her.  I've been an Elvis collector for many years and I can say that I don't think there has ever been a time when I haven't seen fake Elvis signatures in her shop.  It's a constant. She deals with a very very well known California Elvis dealer who patrols Ebay,  buys things on the cheap and then the items are packaged up in the "Antiquities framing package display"  as only they can do it and turned into a bunch of razzle-dazzle.

Elvis isn't Kurt Cobain...I get that. But it's the business practices of the shop that we're drawing your attention  to.

If I were you I'd look elsewhere...

Hi and thanks for the note.  Everything at Antiquities always has at least one certification. This Kurt Cobain signed photo has full certification from GFA, principal Stephen Rocchi, ex-founder and exec with PSA, retired and then reopened his GFA company with forensic experts, paper and ink experts, and exemplar experts.  Everything is examined in person, so the certification is always solid.  It also comes with my life time money back certification, and I've been in business for 30 years, member of most of the organizations, BBB approved, Amazon approved, Chamber of Commerce.

That was Antiquities response to my asking about the Cobain autographed piece's authentication.

Just type in Antiquities on the top right search box on this forum and you will get your answers.

+1

If this isn't telling, I don't know what is. I just typed "antiquities las" into Google and look what came up as the choices:

GFA is a joke and tons and tons of forgeries have their sticker.

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/ebay-mantle-dimaggio...

I have yet to see a GFA certificate on an authentic piece. Rocchi authenticates for crooks who sell forgeries. His resume is inflated. He doesnt see half of the stuff he places stickers on.

And I just found out the Nirvana "In Utero" piece was authenticated by AAU a guy named Drew Max. He doesn't have a very good reputation either does he?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service