We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Looking for 2nd Opinions on B.B. King & Rolling Stones deemed "Likely Not Genuine" by PSA Quick Opinion

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and was looking for some follow up opinions to a few autographed items that were deemed "Likely Not Genuine" by PSA's Quick Opinion Service. I did some research of my own and feel like some of the autographs look authentic, even though PSA disagrees. I would greatly appreciate some feedback!

1. B.B. King Autographed 8x10 Photo

2. Mick Jagger Autographed 8x10 Photo

3. Poster with Mick Jagger & Keith Richards Autographs

4. Mick Jagger Autograph on a vintage 8x10 Photo

Tags: Jagger, Mick

Views: 824

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PSA got it right.

So you think they're all fake? I thought the #2 Mick Jagger photo looked pretty similar to authenticated examples I have seen. Thank you for the feedback! Could you perhaps elaborate on what exactly makes you think they're not real? I'm trying to learn and become more knowledgeable about what to look for in traits to tell if a signature is authentic.

I agree with PSA

Thank you for the feedback! Could you perhaps elaborate on what exactly makes you think they're not real? I'm trying to learn and become more knowledgeable about what to look for in traits to tell if a signature is authentic.

Stones are all fake -- and I think the reason people on this site don't want to say what exactly is wrong with the signatures is because there are forgers on this site who learn from that information. My advice is to start gathering your own exemplar file/samples that come from reputable auction houses or are sold on Ebay with PSA, JSA, or Roger Epperson COAs.  Then compare to the ones you are considering buying. You'll at least be able to rule out the obvious fakes.

Thanks for your feedback! I've noticed on many other topics people discuss what specifically looks wrong on autographs, so I didn't think that would be an issue. I'm new on here though, so I'm not familiar with authentication etiquette. Do you have any recommendations for alternate ways to obtain or learn this information?

The B.B. King looks like an awful forgery. A pathetic attempt.

B.B King is just awful, wrong shape, size and formation and clearly fake. Jaggers are also bad, wrong size, formation and just awful

All are really bad forgeries

This BB King sig looks like its melting. Go to the current BB King thread and look at all the King sigs. The more modern ones are very distinctive and similar, nothing like this one. Could it have been signed in a rush or bad day? Doubtful, just too atypical, no good.

Hi Jarrett.  Welcome to the site.  Definitely a great place to get in-person experience on music autographs.  I've met both these guys several times and as everyone stated, none of these look authentic.  If you'd like to share who exactly sold these items and scan/show the COAs, i'd be willing to help provide you privately with details on why each is different than known inperson authentic signatures.  As Bruce stated, we're here to help each other in this great hobby/industry but not at the expense of giving information to forgers to help themselves get better.

Thank you for the welcome Michael! I might just take you up on that offer when I have a chance. I'd very much like to learn more about authenticating.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service