We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

For starters.......are you sick of having to use eBay as an 'earmark' for the value of your piece? Is it funny to find one Chuck Yeager at $48.00, and the other at $195.00? Yep, me too.

I collect Battle of Britain RAF Pilots, but they are certainly going up in price, as "The Few" are certainly getting "Fewer" as time goes on......

Been very lucky witrh my "Finucane" collection, as he is but one of a handful of Irish Pilots joing the Fray for England in 1938.

Would love to hear from any and all!

Cheers!

Glenn

Tags: Aviation, Celeb, Collectors!, WWII, and

Views: 943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have a signed 8x10 of louis zamperini available, i'm asking 150 for it. 

Hi Glenn!
So glad to meet another RAF/WWII collector on here! Hope you get this since it's an old thread, but I just recently joined here since I've just started to collect more contemporary autographs. But I've been a long time collector of RAF/WWII related material. And from what I've recently discovered, they're a completely different animal! Whereas there are only a handful of trustworthy wartime sellers out there, contemporary 'sellers' of fakes seem to be a dime a dozen!
Anyways, just wanted to let you know a large part of my collection are the signed First Day Covers of RAF pilots and others put out by the British Royal Mail, mostly from the 1960s to the 90s. Also the signed prints by Taylor, Trudgian, and others.
My most prized autograph however is a 1954 Douglas Bader on a 3x5 sheet back when he was signing with his full name, rather than the slightly shorter versions he used later on.
I'm still in the process of looking for a rarer Erich Hartmann (history's highest scoring ace).
Regards,
Greg

Finally got the Hartmann, now looking for Gerhard Barkhorn (history's number two highest scoring ace), and along with my Gunther Rall I'll have all three!

Has anyone ever seen a Major Thomas McGuire autograph?   I have a few Bong autographs as well as a set of Bong's wings. I have never seen a McGuire signature. 

I'm surprised that there actually were a few Bong signatures when I checked on R&R auctions, but sadly none for McGuire. It's a shame neither hero made it out of the war.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service