We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100876

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah,I'm very happy I found you guys!!

Steve, I'll probably get a mail from then tomorrow and will express my concern about this item and see how they react...

Is there a best possible way to "describe my problem" to them... I'm not the best with words :)

Thank you so much for helping me out, I really do appreciated it!! You have no idea!! Thanx again!!

Well, were it me, I would not "ask" them anything because you will then get some sort of (absurd) explanatory answer. Rather, tell them how you are responding (not paying). I might not even write them at all - I'd go by the "passed closed listing" status posted and saved as a screen cap and let them contact you. They may never. Others here know more about this sort of thing.  

I will keep reading and listening to your guys info and expertise... Thanx!!

Should I put in the mail how I determined it's a fake? Or how can I "prove" to them it's fake... How would I do this or what would I say to them? Thanx again!

Tell them how you found out and send them a link. Ask them if they'd kindly let you out because it's obviously not real. No matter the terms, in the US you would not be obligated to go through with the purchase.

We will cover how Knaisz handles this situation. It will say volumes about what the auction house thinks of their customers.

Feel free to email me personally steve.cyrkin@autographmagazine.com if you need to, and feel free to give that email to them.

+1 an excellent idea! 

So I should say I got the updates from this forum and give him the link from this conversation?

Or do you mean that you will make a mail with all the right words and concerns, and that I adjust your words to my situation?

Thanx again for your help!!

Sent you an email already Steve, thx again!!!!

I also found this one... This medal was also in the same auction as my drawing!! The original tailor from MJ himself even says he still has the medal in his posession, so yeah, clearly not all too good...

Here are 2 screenshots...

So sorry to have missed your posts here Tony.  I'm certain that you will have received excellent advice from Steve and (if needed) from Garry.

UK online advice seems to address only cases where a payment has been made.  Happily you are not in that position.  'Citizens Advice' say that you have a legal right to a refund, if you've bought something that's fake or counterfeit. (More info. at the 'In brief' link below).  Also, personally I would never buy anything where a 'general' seller (ie not someone personally known and trusted by you) will only accept a direct payment into their bank account, as that is often a 'red flag' ...all of the risk of the purchase resides with the buyer, and it is very rarely possible to get a refund.      I think buyers may sometimes believe that UK  'auctioneers' are regulated in some way, but they are not. So the same caution is advised as per buying from anyone you do not know. (ebay sales have more buyer-protections in place.)    Very best wishes for a good outcome!   https://www.inbrief.co.uk/consumer-law/buying-at-auction/

Hi Lizzie, no problem!!!

I'm just really glad I found this forum and Steve indeed helped me out a lot... In the end, in my case, I think it's all gonna be ok now...

If it wasn't for this nice topic, I wouldn't have found the drawing and couldnt had the contact with Steve so thanks a lot for what you're doing!!

It's really good people like you look out for people like me, who aren't pro's in buying and authentication... And therefore I thank you!!

Knaisz is really not to trust indeed...

I'll keep you all posted if I get some more info into this matter!!

Thanx everyone for your input, love the willingness I received here to help me...

I'll definately will keep checking this topic and this forum and tell others about it...

With all my respect,

Tony

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service