We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100891

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ryan, if you learn that yours is not authentic, does that mean you were not a "real fan"? 

The Posh Pawn autograph authenticator is Marc Mclennan. I consider him utterly untrustworthy. I would avoid an autograph with his certification. 

Great input Steve!

Where is Ryan's MJ? I couldn't find it.

It closed Steve. Ended early.

"MJ sketch" auction ended link

Thanks, Eric.

I have a question for those who have studied Michael Jackson's genuine art:

Did he tend to start drawing characters with the basic shapes, like they show you in a beginning drawing book? I don't know. Bambi, or whoever the deer character is started with a loop as the body and details grow from there. The little of his art I saw looked fairly polished to me. Not perfect but nice.

Ryan's starts with a loop:

Regarding the autograph itself, it doesn't look right to me, but I've been wrong before.

I think this one (a fake) came first!   I don't think MJ would have made the drawing mistake where the back leg appears to 'twist', as if it's attached at the front....

A very good, careful and tangible observation Lizzie.

No Eric it doesn’t mean that, I just think from the clear signature alone on my item it’s obviously real to someone who knows he’s autograph, 

I’ve bought many signed photos in the past which have turned out to be fake, haveing hes autograph doesn’t determine if your a big fan or not 

I think others may disagree. A "clear signature" does equate to an authentic signature. It is a lot more than clarity and a slant.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service