We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This shirt was donated to a thrift shop for which I volunteer.  All the proceeds of our sales go charity. 

It is my understanding that a local authenticator could not say with certainty that the signature is genuine. Opinions as to it bona fides would be appreciated.  Thank you.

PS  The larger photo of the shirt has been intentionally cropped to remove store info.

Tags: Anniversary, Golden, Yankees, signature

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No good.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your rapid reply and input.  I have a few thoughts of my own on this, but I'm hesitant to post them here for obvious reasons. (I have a friend who used to work for the Yankees and send me some exemplars of the real deal.)  Is there anything here you can share with me to back your opinion so I can go back and relay this to my boss? 

I'm new to the site, so I don't know anything about your backround.  Would you care to elaborate?  Also, can you suggest an authentication site in NJ other than the one in Parsipanny?

Thank you,

Mary

Hi,  First, Mantle had an exclusive with UDA and very, very, very rarely signed and jersey’s other than for Upper Deck.  Secondly, this signature has too many flaws to list. I would not recommend an authentication site because you would be wasting your money.  Do your due diligence and find examples of authentic Mantle signatures in this site and you will see the difference immediately.

Thank you.  I appreciate the time you took to reply.

Mary

Mick don't sign like that.

Thank you, BBJohn!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service