We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ciao!

An observation, I hope is interesting and sorry for my english. :)
I am a music and sports lover and over the years I have personally had autographs of artists I admire like Sonic Youth and fantomas full band , Melvins, Agassi, McEnroe, Sting, Vic Chesnutt, Mark Linkous, Jonny Winter or Peter Green, I also have some Neil Young, Lou Reed and Bryan Wilson setlist and/or guitar pick, Stewart Coppeland or Sonic Youth drum stick. also some autographed, or setlist but minor stuff.
my curiosity is this:
have you ever lost the moment? I intend to have chance to meet a "vip" or artist that you admire but for emotion or other things you have not been able to make us take a photo or an autograph or talk? I know you are professional in this situations but also you are human!
I ask this because I have three story (I selected only 3), two of mine and one of an friend.
20 years ago I went to Milan for a Neil Young concert in a Arcimboldi (or Smeraldo, i confused it) theater and after 3 hours in front of the tour bus, hoping he would come out, I went back to the car to get my jacket. Walking behind the theater Neil got off with a bodyguard from a black car, he was entering for rehearsals. it was only me, a friend of mine and two people, Im shocked from the emotion and if having CD and photo camera in hand I was stuck and he looked at me and entered without photo and signing nothing... same place years after for Tom Waits concert and once it ended I saw in street Tilda Swinton (who She was in the audience) and she signed my Tom Waits ticket, so weird autograph. I end up with the strangest thing. On February 21, 1994 I was just 17 years old and I decided not to go to see Nirvana show (I regret it even now) ... a friend of mine went to see Nirvana in Modena (80 km from my house) with a friend who his big fan of the band. In the afternoon they met in Bologna (he was a university student) Cobain who was visiting the square (and had a hotel nearby). he was petrified and Kurt was available to autographs and photos but he did nothing with emotion...like me Neil Young. sorry for everything! Your story?

Tags: Cobain, Kurt, Neil, Nirvana, Young

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had ticket stubs autographed by Willie Nelson and David Lee Roth.  On both occasions, they met with fans outside of their tour bus.  You take what you can get.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service