We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

We now have a Musician-Direct Autograph Sales Forum where you can post individual discussions of new offerings. It's a big change—and a big improvement. We closed this discussion after 8 years but it will always be available to read. 

The new system has been in place for 2 months now and it's working well.

This video shows you how easy the new forum is to use.

You can follow the forum and be notified of new signings exclusively! And you can enter a musician's name in the forum's search box and find any discussions about them.

Be sure to click the Follow link at the bottom of the list of discussions.

Try it...I think you'll like it.

Steve Cyrkin

Though I recall a member posting a blog asking about this a while ago, I could not relocate it for my purpose in this discussion.

It can be nice when one stumbles upon a musician's shop (via their website), to see that they are selling their autographs. I figured this could grow as a wee database for listing those musicians who partake in this.

I recently recieved a couple press photos signed in ballpoint from John Mayall's website (http://www.johnmayall.com/merch.html). I am also aware that you can purchase signed CDs from Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits(http://peternoone.com/store/). John 5 ( formerly Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie guitarist) sells various items signed, with an option to dedicate.

So, does anyone else know of this being done by other musicians?

Views: 505811

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I’m away from home but called there and I think the new Dolly Parton came. Anybody get anything?
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't get anything yet.
FALSE ALARM!! Got home. Wasn’t the Dolly Parton. Something else from Texas
Received this email on the Dolly Parton after responding to the email telling them to personalize the booklet to me

This is an email to remind you that your request (#378103) has been pending for 7 days and awaits your feedback.

If we don't hear back within 30 days of our initial response, your query will be automatically closed.

I responded back

I responded back already saying to have the cd booklet personally signed by Dolly Parton to Bill since the first booklets were not signed by her, but by an autopen machine
On October 31st is when I first responded with the name request and got this email yesterday
Just got another email after answering back to the second one they sent.

Sorry about that confusion, William!

This has been passed along to the artist team.

Best,

Michelle
PledgeMusic
Now I feel a bit worse, but I am glad you got yours and that it looks ok.
The response I received was pretty much the same.

Michelle PledgeMusic (PledgeMusic)
Oct 27, 14:47 EDT

Hi Scott,

Really sorry for the delay here and to hear this.

We are chasing up regarding this and will be in touch of any information we receive.

Best,

Michelle
PledgeMusic

Another good job fellas, I also got that by email. Power in numbers!

Awesome job guys! These industries need to realize that we aren't all stupid fans who wouldn't notice autopens and that as a community we have each others backs. Hopefully one day they will realize they can't just be cheap and scam people...But unfortunately the masses will not notice and more than likely will only take care of those who speak up.
I am posting on pledge music and have run into someone that says hers does not look like an autopen and I have her the website to check and she still feels like hers looks different. Who knows if Dolly signed any of them, but I wouldn’t feel confident in any of them because if she is willing to use an autopen on some then she would be willing to use a ghost signer in others. She said the ink was lighter in places on hers and that indicated it was not an autopen. Ok then. Glad she is happy with hers. I told her to take a scan and post it and the good people on this site would be happy to look into it. Everyone here is wonderful to help and I hope that many others are learning as much as I have. Great job everyone!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service