We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

We now have a Musician-Direct Autograph Sales Forum where you can post individual discussions of new offerings. It's a big change—and a big improvement. We closed this discussion after 8 years but it will always be available to read. 

The new system has been in place for 2 months now and it's working well.

This video shows you how easy the new forum is to use.

You can follow the forum and be notified of new signings exclusively! And you can enter a musician's name in the forum's search box and find any discussions about them.

Be sure to click the Follow link at the bottom of the list of discussions.

Try it...I think you'll like it.

Steve Cyrkin

Though I recall a member posting a blog asking about this a while ago, I could not relocate it for my purpose in this discussion.

It can be nice when one stumbles upon a musician's shop (via their website), to see that they are selling their autographs. I figured this could grow as a wee database for listing those musicians who partake in this.

I recently recieved a couple press photos signed in ballpoint from John Mayall's website (http://www.johnmayall.com/merch.html). I am also aware that you can purchase signed CDs from Peter Noone of Herman's Hermits(http://peternoone.com/store/). John 5 ( formerly Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie guitarist) sells various items signed, with an option to dedicate.

So, does anyone else know of this being done by other musicians?

Views: 505598

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed, let's go back to Classic Coke!

If nothing else, maybe a thread reboot is in order (7+ years, and 462 pages is pretty extreme). It would also allow an opportunity to reset the intent and expectations for this thread.

My own take was that the original format generally worked fine, though some topics did spin a bit out of control.

However, some people just wanted ONLY new product preorder updates. I don't hold quite that same sentiment, because this is a forum, not a personal notification system. And some feedback (primarily authenticity concerns) should be a part of the conversation. There's a balance that needs to be found.

I know I'm likely in the minority here, but I prefer the new format. I'm glad not to see twelve messages about how the signature of Maggie Rogers signed with an 'MR' and is therefore initialed, not signed. Or someone offering their step-by-step journey about how they're filling a dispute with their credit card over a preprinted signature. 

I agree with Marshall. As long as the name of the band or signer in the subject it makes it easier to find later to make comments once the item is received. And, comments on a specific offer are in one spot and easy to reference.

It'a an improvement, imo.

Well since someone has already posted message #13 on "MR" vs. "Maggie Rogers", here's #14: Look on eBay--the "XO MR" CDs are listed for $15 and $18 while the "XO Maggie Rogers" CDs are listed for $42 and $46. I question whether the "XO MR" ones were even touched by her at all. And that's not "signed," by the way. To test the theory that they are the same, next time you need to get a few things notarized or to sign some important documents, sign just one item and use only initials the rest of the time and see what sort of reaction you get. :->

I don't think you have to worry about the authenticity of those too much.

I'm not worried, because I returned my initialed version (which had been falsely advertised as a signed version) and bought an actual signed version. For one thing, the autograph looks a heck of a lot nicer than the "XO MR" version. For another, if Maggie Rogers were to become the next Madonna and her autograph were to soar in value, it would be a lot easier to get a third party authentication done on the full name version than on the initials.

I agree - I'd rather have a higher quality item. Maggie seems to jump between her full name and shortened version for sit down signings, though if you meet her in person, I think you'll almost certainly get a full one.

I hear that some would rather stay with this veteran discussion for musician sales. I think you'll prefer the new musician-direct sales forum if you give it a chance, tho. Here's why:

OLD: If you follow this current discussion you get everything, from new sales to good advice to whining. Some like that, some don't. 

NEW: But now you can click "FOLLOW" at the bottom of the forum page and be notified of all new forum discussions: all new signings, etc. Just the posting of new discussions, not replies. You won't get notifications of replies unless you participate in or follow a discussion.

OLD: You can't search the current discussion without using the main site search box, which will return lots of results from all over the site, not just signings.

NEW: Now you can search from the forum's main page and all results are related to musician signings. Plus you can easily scan the forum for signings of interest.

OLD: If a signing came up you wanted to share, you couldn't, since you can't share a reply. You'd have to do it by hand.

NEW: Since each signing is its own discussion you can share it.

POSTING A SIGNING: It's quick and super easy. Just click "+ADD" at the top of the page, write a title, like "New Elvis Signing," say what you want and put a link in the text box, and click save. DONE

Remind members every now and then to click the Follow link to be notified of new sales and activity will start growing again.

Whatcha think?

This thread worked so much better then  individual threads and a lot less stuff is being posted.

Steve, this idea was bad. Let's go back to posting stuff on THIS THREAD, and people can click off, if they don't want updates. This really sucks.

Why is it bad?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service