We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Tell us about that one autograph you have that makes your heart flutter!

This group has been hidden away and just now being featured...tell us about the autograph you own that you love the most!

Views: 1211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite autograph is a First Day Cover of Princess Diana that I got signed in-person by Elton John at one of his concerts.
mine is from kirby puckett,,,,,,he was a great guy and i got his autograph in person, in sioux falls,sd
JFK, on a White House letter to me regarding the Peace Corps.

Probably next: Babe Ruth, personally collected shortly before his death.
These are fantastic items, Robert. How about putting them online?

Steve
Mine would have to be Abie Abraham, the "Ghost of Bataan". He is a survivor of the Bataan Death March and the Cabanatuan POW camp. McArthur asked him to stay and help find all the mass graves after the war. He was my first TTM success and lives in my hometown.
I live in Scottsdale, Arizona, moving here from NY. I was a big Yankees fan then but now I root for the Diamondbacks.
I was thrilled when they beat the Bronx Bombers in the 2001 World Series. I was even more excited when I had a chance to buy a 2001 World Series baseball signed by the entire D'Backs team.

I have many but two of my favorites in the music genre are my Eric Burdon (of the Animals) and my Blue Oyster Cult signed t-shirts. I had seen BOC in 1981 and the Animals reunion tour in 1983. At each of those concerts I bought a shirt. I saved the shirts and brought them with me when I saw the acts again much later. I saw Eric Burdon in 1998 at an outdoor concert and he signed my shirt after the concert. I was the first one in line for autographs and he laid the shirt out real nicely and asked me to pull it tight so the signature would look good and was very nice about it. When he was done I put out my hand to shake his and he grabbed by head and planted a kiss square on my lips! It was totally unexpected and awesome!
I brought my BOC shirt to an outdoor show a few years ago and the entire band signed it after the show though a couple of them weren't very nice, they asked how much I was going to ask for it when I sold it on e-bay!
My favourite autograph I have received to date has to be Taylor Swifts. I was supposed to meet her when she came to my town but the concert got cancelled and so did my meeting with her. I was at the time in contact with her tour manager and he was so kind to send me a personalized autograph. It was one of the happiest days!
Another favourite is Michael Buble - I sent my cd cases in the mail and he signed them all with different inscriptions. My favourite is one he signed said: "To E With Love Lil Buddy"
I would have to say my favorites would be a tie between Alan Hale Jr. (Skipper) and Ron Howard. Both of which I was very lucky to get in person. I got Alan Hale's autograph in person at the Houston, Texas airport in 1985. He was enroute to California after playing golf. He was as jolly as the character he played as Skipper. As a matter of fact he was wearing the hat that he used in the TV show. As for Ron Howard, I got his autograph when the cast of Happy Days paid a visit to Germany in 1982 while I was in the Army. I had my picture taken with him and did a little small talk. Such as the conversation he asked me my wife's name (Cheryl) and he told me that his wife's name was also Cheryl. I told him I guess we both lucked out and he smiled broadly. Both individuals were down to earth people.
I got to meet my idol Stevie Ray Vaughn at a Meet And Greet back in the 80's. He signed his first 3 albums for me. Huge signatures across the front! Sadly, he died shortly after.
I have too many to name, as well, like most of you all on here. But my personal favorite is an in-person autograph I received of Football Hall of Famer Bart Starr, former Green Bay Packers quarterback and MVP of Super Bowls I and II. He was signing in the North Point Mall in Alpharetta, GA, at the Field of Dreams store. Tristar Productions was hosting the event. He was very nice and really took his time signing my picture for me. I brought a football, too, but told him I wasn't trying to sneak an autograph on my ball, but rather it had always been a dream of mine to catch just one pass from a Hall of Fame quarterback. I asked him if he could cut loose just one more pass, a pass to me, and his face lit up like a light! "Oh, yeah! Sure I can! Are you ready now?" The Tristar guys cleared a section of people in the store and made room for my one shot dream with an NFL legend. Needless to say, I caught the pass, even had a picture taken of Bart throwing it, and have never forgotten that magic moment.
I really like my Paul McCartney, signed on 6/29/1990 at the soundcheck at the Knebworth Pop Festival.
http://www.rockandrollcollection.com/catalog/index.php?act=viewProd...
-------Stephen Duncan

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service