We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

A terrible loss of a great American.

Tags: autographs, neil armstrong

Views: 22352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the fast answer. what is your assessment in percent that it is authentic?

Take care

Presuming this is a live signature and not some sort of copy, there is a very high probability it is authentic in my opinion. I would have it in my collection with no doubts or concerns.

a very big thanks, for your answers and your great experience and expertise

I will try to take the chance

You are welcome, Hannah. Happy collecting!

Hi Steve Zarelli! I were recommended by Steve Cyrkin to post in this thread, so I'll do just that... :-)

I'm trying to learn more about Neil Armstrongs autograph and would appreciate your help on this one! It looks a lot like the one above that member Hannah Zuerker asked about, but it's not as "sharp" and the signature is black instead of blue. Could it be a copy? Or maybe that just the quality of the scan...

Thanks for helping!

Jan - assuming it's not a copy, the Neil Armstrong signed stamp block you posted looks fine. I think yours is signed in blue the same as Hannah's... its probably just due to different scan settings. Maybe it was scanned as a document in "black and white" instead of a color photo?

Here is one from my personal collection as another reference.

That's very helpful, thank you Steve Z!!

Hi again Steve Z!

As I said, I'm trying to learn Neil Armstrongs signature. Am I correct thinking the attached one is authentic?

Your help is much appreciated!
Attachments: No photo uploads here

In my opinion, you are correct. :-)

Thank you once again Steve, you have been very helpful! 

For reference, here's the piece we discussed. I could just attach a pic earlier since I used my mobile phone:

I found this newspaper when I was cleaning out a closet. I acquired it along time ago and forgot that I had it. The signature, which looks fake to me, appears to have been added post-printing. However, the paper looks to be an original from Armstrong's hometown.

Any thoughts?

Your reaction to the signature is correct.

Not sure about the newspaper itself. It's entirely possible replica editions were produced in mass quantity.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service