We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Came across this jersey for a good price, however I’ve seen quite a few of PSA fakes lately. Can anyone tell me if this Kobe Signature looks real? Or if the PSA is real? I just can’t tell.

Thank you all!

Views: 654

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It looks real to me although “Bryant” is not a great example. It could still be a copy, so for starters have the person give you large crisp images.

Is it suspiciously cheap? 

Its priced at 1300 so kinda yeah. I just asked for clearer pictures… thank you for responding!

Shouldn’t it be an LOA instead of a cert card?

Im not too sure honestly… ive seen some cert cards for Kobe before.

I’m not familiar with his signature, but anything with a $50+ authentication fee should be issued an LOA. There was a problem in which PSA/DNA database entries with no image were being used to produce fake cart cards to include with forgeries.

Yeah that’s my worry. Its pretty easy to replicate PSA/DNA certs/holograms. The newer ones are harder but Im not sure if this is an older hologram or just a fake one. Thats the problem I keep running in to. Thanks for helping though.

I’m also seeing quite a few cert cards for Kobe, so apparently it isn’t necessarily an issue.

The B series serial numbers are from a signing of about 15,000 Kobe did in 2000-1. The style of COA is right. 

The signature is NOT authentic IMO. Whilst the Kobe part is not the worst, the Bryant looks copied or very shakily written and very slowly

Thank you Dan! So in your opinion… is it worth even getting clearer photos of? Or just move on?

Personally, I would move on. The price is way too cheap and if you have red flags it's better to save your money as if it's too good to be true then it usually is. As you say, the older certs are easier to fake and reproduce and we saw many of these previously from Asia for Kobe and other items with fake PSA certs.  Where is it being sold?

Well thank you for helping me! Its on an app called OfferUp. Local sales usually. Thats why I needed clarification on the signature. Merry Christmas and thank you.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service