We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The title says it all. Final hammer price was £3,600. Roughly £4,600 with all the usual fees. A lovely clean set but not enough "character" in the piece to get me bidding above £5,000, including fees.

Another factor in me not bidding higher was that that another similar set was signed at the same time (mentioned in the auction listing), which I presume is the one you can buy a copy of on eBay (see scan below).  

I know this will not work forever but here is a link to the auction:

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/stroud-auctio...

Views: 338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Better luck next time. Here's a set from the same day that isn't on the hotel stationery:

£4,600 is a very strong price. This set had a nice story...You don’t get much change out of £5k for a half decent set these days ! 

Nice set of autographs...

Someone struck it lucky! I picked up a set on hotel stationary from Sydney signed on tour in 64 with Ringo and the other 3.

the one you bid on like you said, is a nice, clean set, but for that kind of money, I would want a better example of Paul's signature.  Looks like someone hit his arm when he was signing this one.  the one Ballroom posted has a much nicer Paul.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service