We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi folks, 

Any views on this one. Fake or real?

https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/299/lot/114856

Thanks

David 

Views: 939

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This set list was written by Kurt Cobain at the 930 Club in Washington DC on April 29, 1990. They were playing at the club with 2 other bands. This Bleach CD was also signed that day. The set list is authentic.

Are they yours J Seah and the handwriting looks like Kurts for sure? 

I did not have enough money at the time to buy the set list from Johnny Riggs. I wanted it badly but could not afford it. Someone else got it. I got the Bleach CD. 

Any idea what it went for eventually? 

Thanks 

Let’s just say the auction will probably hit low five figures for this piece. 

5 figures is as bit much for me unfortunately. Shame considering it seems real and a lot aren't ! 

The set list was written by Kurt Cobain. Most set lists were written by Dave Grohl later on. Authentic Kurt Cobain memorabilia does not come up too often for sale. Thus the high price paid at auctions.

The one in the auction is the exact same set list that J.Seah posted.

Thanks Steve. Looks to be. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide if it's definitely his handwriting  

When you buy from Julien's you own it, period, like you would at many auction houses. That photo is overexposed. You can't tell the condition or see if it may be a copy. I'd ask for a better photo or photos, including at a bit of an angle so you can see the wrinkles in the paper better, and higher resolution if possible.

Regarding price, David, don't assume that the set list will sell for top dollar. Register, ask for the better photos, and if the bid price stalls in your range right before it closes, be ready to bid. Don't bid early because you'll only raise the price.

Thanks a lot Steve for the tips, much appreciated 

"...You can't tell the condition or see if it may be a copy. I'd ask for a better photo or photos, including at a bit of an angle so you can see the wrinkles in the paper better, and higher resolution if possible...."

+1 it might look more like this. Click to enlarge:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service