We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Let's reserve this thread for any non-musician signed books and other items, at least until a dedicated forum exits for those posts.

Views: 416076

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I ordered 3 of Kenny Loggins' memoir and the signatures all looked the same. Returned them right back to to BAM.  I am learning to buy more than one book just to compare the signatures.  Very enlightening at times. 

Sometimes even that doesn't help if they have multiple autopen variations. I almost got tricked by the David Copperfield book at Barnes and Noble. Looked at 2 or 3 and they all looked different. Decided to look at one more and it was identical to the first one I looked at. 

Wow! What a racket!!

Yeah gotta be careful. There's other signs you can go by like the marker dots where the autopen starts and stops but they can be tricky. 

Appears the fake sigs through Barnes and Noble is official.

Response from B & M:

We are writing to you about your recent order(s) listed below for the Signed Edition of Still Alright by Kenny Loggins. The publisher has notified us that the author used “auto-pen” signatures on the copies that we sold as a Signed Edition.

As this is another autopen incident, we may need to be sending complaints to the FTC and Postmaster regarding these issues.

Already sent mine back to BAM...This is getting old!  Isn't it ironic that PremiereCollectibles who is normally the last to sell out stopped selling them a while ago,hmmmmm! Is this what we collectors now have to look forward to,ya would have thought they would have learned from their mistakes, obviously not! 

BAM response to my question of authenticity 

All books in our autographed collection come with an authentic autograph, regardless of whether it is a bookplate or a digitally/physically signed page.”

They legit think we are stupid! Lol! Wow! Uhhhhh…. Digitally signed is not HAND SIGNED!

Fingers are considered digits i guess.. lol but of course they think we are stupid.. as soon as an autopen machine is purchased, it is ment to decieve a fanbase since they think we are too stupid to know the difference.. in reality, they are the stupid ones.. they just don't always see us calling them out behind the scenes. Also, since they rely on sale numbers only, a sale is a sale no matter how they have to get it done.

Retailers are all evil in a sense.. they are nothing but professional flippers on a grand stage. They will get away with anything they can.. whatever they tell you to convince you otherwise is just a marketing tactic.  We are thankful they offer signed material because its convenient and we are used to their practices. We are willing to give them profit so they stay in business. In reality,, they should be thanking us, but since business is steady, they do not see it this way any longer. Thats why the rock and roll channel on talkshoplive is so great. Regardless of some hiccups, they are doing a good job trying to control everything... give them a few years and I bet once they are way more popular, they will end up going the way of premiere collectables. Its what happens when a business gets too comfortable and only cares about profit. 

JUST A HEADS UP...To ALAN MOORE Fans-The English writer known primarily for his work in comic books including Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Swamp Thing, Batman: The Killing Joke and a host of others. He's releasing a signed edition "Illuminations: Stories" from B&N...In his first-ever short story collection, which spans forty years of work.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/illuminations-alan-moore/1139366943

Awesome and thanks for the heads up!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service