We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Let's reserve this thread for any non-musician signed books and other items, at least until a dedicated forum exits for those posts.

Views: 417147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh - I have no account with them so  no book for me. Seems a bit shortsighted!

Appreciated thanks big fan of at least 90% of what Tom does 

Anyone know if barnes charges right away or do they charge when it ships? Book isn't released till may of next year so that's a long wait. 

No charge till ship I believe 

They Charge when you purchase - well they did when i just paid by card with me anyway. 

Ok thanks. Appreciate it. 

They charge when it ships NOT when you pre-order. Yes, you get an email saying ur cc was charged but it wasn’t. You are invoiced and charged fully when it ships. I have pre-ordered from bn many many times…

They do charge the actual amount, at least temporarily. The charge definitely appeared in my account but was reverted a couple of hours later. 

This is different from some other vendors who only verify the card. The way B&N does it you need to have sufficient spending limit at the time of placing the order.

My Bank sent me a text message saying i had just spent £35.25 at Barnes and Noble, and can't see them giving it me back to take it out again. 

They always do what's called an authorization on a pre-order.  I think it's just to verify the validity of the account.  It's basically a temporary hold on your card and drops off withing 1-3 business days.  Then, when it's closer to shipping, they will do the actual charge. So what you're seeing now should drop off of your account soon.

Why not? I have an online bank and can monitor all transactions - they took the money as a pending charge and a couple of hours later it was reverted, so I got the money back. Happens all the time with B&N pre-orders. Lots of stores work this way.

How did you get it for 35quid? The cheapest delivery option I get is 18 dollars, making it £49.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service