We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I assume this is not real. Everyone agree?

Views: 841

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks good to me.

Why do you assume it's not real?  That's the real question here. 

Looks like 1963 to me!

authentic

What concerns me is that the sigs seem to be signed over the aging/tape stains on the paper.

You would think the sigs would have come first.

Thanks for all your input.

The reason I presumed it was not real is that the (provincial) auction house selling it gave a very low estimate (£150 - £250) to the autograph book it was stuck into. Even more oddly, they included illustrations of two Rolling Stones' pages (see my separate post under "Authenticity Opinions") but none of this page. 

Based on your kind input I put in a speculative bid of £1,075 but was the under-bidder (final price £1,100 before buyer's premium). Considering that the Stones were complete, albeit on two pages and with some off-putting test on the Jagger page, I think the buyer did quite well. Who knows, maybe Paul was on another page somewhere.

The tape point never really crossed my mind. I don't think the pencil really is over the tape but it is hard to tell.

Thanks again.

The tape point never really crossed my mind. I don't think the pencil really is over the tape but it is hard to tell.

I did just throw that up there.

At one point in the G in George it seems to be erased and at other points not.

Certainly take it with a grain of salt.

I'd say those were authentic.

Hi Everyone, I made a cheeky bid on these...just as I bid the door bell rang and I ran to answer the door, I didnt realise that I won this book until 2/3 days after....I received them today...there's a lot of autographs in the book that I dont recognise, I'll put some pictures on here soon.

Hi Beatleworld,

I guess you must have had the same long wait for MBE to collect as I did. I won the other Beatles item in that auction and received it yesterday too. It was worth the wait - a very appealing lot from a competition winner who met the Beatles in late February/early March 1964. The autographs came with the original letters, a number of photos of the meeting and a related magazine article. The only downside is that John has signed on the back of George and Ringo.     

I wish I'd bid a bit higher on the autograph book that you won - my cheeky bid was a bit too cheeky. You certainly got a bargain when you consider that a cut and tape Lennon fetched around £1100 on ebay a couple of days ago. At a minimum you have the addition of George and Ringo and the Stones too.

I still haven't quite worked out what the auction house were thinking of with the listing of that book. The choice of images and estimate were strange to say the least. On my lot there wasn't even an estimate so if people searched by highest estimate first (as I do) they probably didn't even see it (estimate zero). In fact, that is exactly what happened to me - I didn't see it until the very last minute when I was bidding on the book.

I was very happy with MBE's packaging and UPS delivery service but I do wish that more provincial auctioneers would offer their own shipping for small paper items - with insurance my postage came to £109 and I had a long wait to boot.

Ah well done on your purchase Pug.  Was it a USA auction house?

Hi, my postage came to £53, that is crazy for one small autograph book....in total I paid £350 in fees....that is crazy too !!!!.....I liked your lot but the back to back & price stopped me...as I would have been buying to sell on this was a factor, it wouldn't be to me if I were buying to keep. The auction house should be able to post small items such as these but all they seemed interested in was payment, no credit cards either. I don't think they had much of a clue on these items, overall a real special autograph book, will put them for sale on you know where shortly.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service