We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

We've discussed this one before. Many of the best McCartney members here have given their respected opinions. Although the opinions have been equally divided. I desire to offer this at an attractive price or trade for something else that would fit my needs. I believe this was signed by Paul but is a bit different than usual. I'll let your opinions, especially Steve's, be the final word.

Should this one be allowed to be posted in the Buy, Sell, Trade board?

Views: 1990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ask because if I saw a Bowie signed in the lower left hand corner heading up I'd have concerns. Macca is not my area so placement did not strike me. 

Yes, the placement is not his usual. But, I've seen Macca signatures all over the place. One thought that crossed my mind is that it was not personalized. If he was so impressed with this student and under no pressure, I would think he would have inscribed it.

+1 Re inscription. 

I still think it's got a good chance of being real, but I applaud Joe for not offering it at this time.

I'm short of time this morning but these are some I see:

1. The size of Paul is similar to all.
  2. The P's vertical downstroke is very similar to the others in shape and angle.
  3. The bottom of P's loop that crosses the downstroke is the same angle as the others.
  4. While much neater, the A of Paul starts at the bottom and loops around like most of his.
  5. The U is the same shape, and height in relation to the A.
  6. The angle and distance of the strokes between the humps of the M are.
  7. The angle of the connection from A to to U is similar.
  8. The shape of the downstroke of the m heading to the L is similar.
  9. The angle of the L is similar to the first one.
  10. The angle and height of the L are similar.
  11. The size of the first C is similar to 1 and 3; angle of the first C is similar to all .
  12. The size and of the second c is similar to 1 and 2. The angle is similar to 2 and 3.
  13. The top angle of the A of McCartney is similar to all.
  14. The length of the signature and the way things line up are similar to all, except due to the larger space between the L and M.
  15. The shape of the underscore (having an upward curve) is similar to all but 2.
  16. Under higher resolution you'll see that the underscore gets a bit lighter towards the end.

That's why I am pretty convinced it's real. If I was a TPA would I issue a cert for it? Not the way TPAs are today, since the don't explain anything.

Steve, I thank-you so much so taking so much time to evaluate this. Before I picked this up and did get some valued private opinions which all were positive. We know there were several others who publicly doubted it. I took the risk and have no regrets. That's goes with the territory.

With that said, at $150 a pop plus shipping I like to be as close to sure it will pass TPA. I've done a lot behind to scenes to get a better handle on the possibility of it passing before I throw more dollars on it. Even a gambler likes to hedge his bets!!

I'm the kind of guy who likes to dig until job is complete. I dislike loose ends.

One more thought. I believe that TPA services are quite aware of the possible public reaction of borderline autographs. They are less likely to cert a signature that may case a stir. I've said it before, one would need to have thick skin to be a paid authenticator.

But, isn't that why they get paid for their services? To sometimes have to make the tough call? The main thing is to get it right....right?

Thanks Steve! These are some of then things I am seeing. Please view Full Size. The other Macca's I have scans of are not as large but way smooth. And then placement, angle, lack of dedication although special and so on as mentioned earlier.

DOUBLE CLICK Please:

Just thought would add this signed on the streets London uk 2013 obtained by a friend  deemed as not genuine by Mr eppersson ? it looks like some of them posted here and I trust my friend 

This one looks spot on to me too Alan!

Eric,

Look at both sides of the areas you marked off. Also, remember that this was signed with a chisel point marker so the straighter area on the top of the L, both sides, is normal. 

Hi Steve,

That "l" was not a concern. It is all the other oddities, chisel aside. I still find it strange and shaky and all the rest. Joe's point about the lack of inscription is interesting. I did read all your points. The Macca's I have found large are just more smooth - with the understanding this was said to be signed in relaxed situation. What are thise odd wispy things coming off the strokes?

Happy New Year!

Eric

Yes, but if chisel, should not every odd "bump" have a corresponding mark on the opposing side? Many do not. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service