We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Any thoughts on these signed CD's off eBay?

Tags: 03855, 84205494, A71878, A71907, A71908, A78561, AE01730, AE01731, AE01732, AE01733, More…AE01829, AG03423, AH02231, AH02232, AH02234, BB19004, BB41712, BB84316, Iconic, Mccartney, Philfatt0, Ringo, XX19938, XX19939, a-cheerful-fellow, advancedbuyersmarkets, allthingsthatrock, anappy86, autographbay, autographs_for_sale, bajag, beatles, beatletone, charlifusar_0, derfknew, handsignedautographs, kellya44, livehorn, markutpremiersignaturesfl, nrs861, presspasscollectibles, richan_9623, seltaeb1966, signatureinvestments, templeofgreatness, thebeatlesforever

Views: 25100

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He sold so many McCartney autographs lately and they are all fakes. Unbelievable

A friend bought this one.

Ugh. I'm sorry to read that.

Yet another one from eBay seller thebeatlesforever.https://www.ebay.com/itm/293241417636

Perry's part of this discussion and I think he'll be glad Ballroom pointed it out.

Ringo signed his first name with the star graphic only between 1993 to 1999. Not in 2004. In 2004 he signed his first name only. It's a big mistke this forger did here. The "n" in this style is so wrong, looks like a "r" and the connection to the "g" is so wrong too. The height of the "g" is unbelievable! The Sgt. Pepper is from the same forger. The McCartney autograph there is by the same hand of the one who did the Ringo. 

Daniel -- just a heads up. I have a Ringo autograph from, I think 1991, and he used the star graphic in his signature (although you basically got those years right)

He rarely did that before 1993 and after 1999, but in 2004 it's amazingly rare to find a Ringo autograph with a star graphic. 

He started in 1992 - had several by mail from that year.

Ringo signed this Sgt. Pepper's album with a star for Paul Minett in 1997, 30 years after Minett got John, Paul and George to sign it:

This is Paul's story:

“On Thursday, the first of June, 1967, my good friend Gordon and I joined half of Britain, rushing out to buy a copy of Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. We never dreamt that within a few weeks we would meet the Beatles and have our photographs taken with them.

Gordon and I were nineteen and on Monday evening the 19th of June, we were walking back to our homes in West London when we were stopped by two American girls, Patricia and Kathy, who wanted to know how to get to Abbey Road Studios. We were heading that way, so it seemed easier to take them there rather than give them directions. One of the best decisions we have ever made. We crossed the legendary zebra crossing and arrived at the studios.

Besides a couple of other fans, there was nobody else around. The four of us decided to stay for a while and wait for any sign that the Beatles might be there. In those days you could simply go through the gates of Abbey Road Studios and right up to the main entrance.

After a while, we spotted the recognizable figure of Beatles roadie and friend, Mal Evans. Heartened by this, we stayed on and were rewarded by our first sighting of a Beatle. It was John, simply leaving one of the studios and crossing the corridor, but it was enough to make the wait worthwhile. A little while later Paul, too, crossed the corridor, giving an encouraging wave to us on the doorstep.

Two days later we were back and so were the Beatles. They were mixing rhythm tracks for “All You Need Is Love” in preparation for the “Our World” television link-up to be broadcast live four days later on Sunday 25th June. Word had clearly got round as there were far more people outside the studios that evening and the atmosphere was electric.

Gordon and I brought our copies of Sgt Pepper with us in the hope of getting them signed. We weren’t disappointed. Around ten o’clock John, Paul, and George left the building, perfectly happy to sign autographs and pose for photographs. Not only did Gordon and I get our albums signed, but I managed to get several nice photographs.

Unfortunately, Ringo wasn’t in the studio that evening so his signature would have to wait.”

But Minett's luck would change...only 30 years later:

“Finally, for my 50th birthday in 1997, a television producer friend of mine, who knew I had a Sgt Pepper album with John, Paul and George’s signatures, said “I’ve got a birthday present for you. Terry Oates, Managing Director of Eaton-Oates Music (Ringo’s publishers) is a good chum of mine and has offered to ask Ringo to sign your album.”

I took it into their offices near Sloane Square and sure enough, Ringo signed it.”

A friend, Mike Verge, was just on tour with Ringo as photographer, and tour manager type stuff.  Will go out again with Ringo so if anyone has a question for Ringo

Beatles Collectors: Do you know where any of the original autographs are? Do you have good photos of any? 

Check this discussion (URL corrected).

https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/caiazzo-1995-the-be...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service