We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting autographed cards for many years.  I recently acquired several Peyton Manning autographed cards by way of the PeyBack Foundation.  I also have sent to Wayne Gretzky and received several cards, books, pucks, etc back from him c/o of his business.  

In April, I sent in 20 cards to PSA to be authenticated.  6 Peyton Manning, 13 Wayne Gretzky, and 1 Michael Jordan.  In May I received back my submission.  PSA concluded that 19 of the 20 items I sent in were not authentic.  The only one that was "real" was one of the Wayne Gretzky cards.  

I sent off an email to the PeyBack Foundation regarding how I was very upset about receiving back cards signed by someone other than Peyton.  To my surprise I received a response from Pat Breen at the PeyBack Foundation.  She/He said they were Peyton's personal assistant and that no one other than Mr. Manning signed the cards that were sent into the foundation. I was floored.  She was even so kind as to send us two autographed 8 x 10 photos.  

I decided after receiving this email to send one of the PSA rejected Gretzky and Manning cards to a Forensic Document Examiner.  The Forensic Document Examiner I chose was Drew Max.  You may have seen Drew on the tv show Pawn Stars.  He is the Forensic Document Examiner that they use to authenticate autographs that are brought into their pawn shop.  Please find below a list of his credentials:

http://www.aaunlimited.com/PDF/DREWMAXBIO.pdf 

I received back both cards from Drew.  I'm sure you already know the results right?  Both items were deemed authentic.

Views: 2834

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

More Files

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Bill, could you post a few photos/scans of the Manning autographs themselves?  I'm sure a lot of people on this forum will have some strong opinions on the autographs, PSA and Drew Max.

Look above your post.  Are the attachments not showing?

Well, I see the bottom of one of the Manning autos on the first one, but that's it.  

Really?????  How much more evidence would you like that they are real.  

Bill, given Ms. Breen's response, I would think that your Mannings might certainly be real.  Unfortunately I can only see part of one of them, though it looks about right to me (though I'm certainly no Manning expert).

To sum it up, we'd be more interested at looking at exactly what your signed cards look like.  I think a lot of people on the forum may not be too surprised to hear PSA blow some calls.  

Drew Max is another matter, and I'm sure you're about to hear a few less than favorable opinions.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service