We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I don´t know if we have already had this discussion, sorry if yes.

There was signing session before a gig in 1968 in switzerland:

http://www.vinylhound.ch/PinkFloyd.html

One of this lovley pieces was sold in ebay in November, but unfortunatly I missed it, I would have bought it for that price...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pink-Floyd-The-Piper-at-the-Gates-of-Dawn-...

If there is interest I can try to translate the website essentially in the next days.

Andreas

Views: 1048

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Loops and spaces

Ya sounds about right for 4 guys in the heyday of the 60's psychedelic era

But let's play with the idea that these are part of a masterful forgery attempt 

Stranger things have happened 

Two guys who still practiced in the middle of the psychedelic era manged to make the exact same loop and negative space/trajectory? Seems less likely in that period. I place value in loops, spaces and so on. The "S.B..." - what do you make of that? The presence of that combination is at least odd, no?

I find it more odd that it only sold for $2500 usd

And to a single bidder and with the meaningless "Seller Does Not Accept Returns". It's odd in more than one way it appears. 

Something like that should have created a frenzy I would think

But... Some of the old sigs sell cheaper than new ones I've come to find out

I think that is odd too

This one definitely should be scruntinized. 

Imo - I believe it’s fully authentic, but I have never seen a Waters as goofy as this one. The other three are bang on.

There are several positives I look for in all Waters that has me chalking this strange signature as straight goofiness on his end. He still tails his R & W, the o-g transition is consistent, and the last name flourish with the Z is also consistent. The little things I believe make it ok. I don’t believe it as ghost signed by Dave although I do see Eric’s valid reference

Would I want to own something so atypical as this example, probably not. 

What do you think of the other LP's Seamus? 

They look spot on to me as well 

And for me, I would love to have something this atypical. Those atypical days and them doing and playing atypical things. So for me it all matches well

I'm weird that way lol

Syd is my favorite haha

Can you post pictures of the others?

I can't here so I sent to ur messenger 

Eric

Where is the SB you talk about? 

I don't see it

Right from Waters - written in blue ballpoint. 

Yes I see it 

Its fuzzy but doesn't look like SB

I see more ink and looks more like S Barrett or Syd Barrett. Maybe written by Nick since he had the blue pen. 

It would seem proper to add Syd at this time 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service