We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

PSA Cert Card Scam -- George Harrison "signed" LP Should have FULL PSA LETTER

Seller emmcni-0 is probably printing out his own cert cards as this LP should have full PSA Letter as the value is way over 50 bucks. He did the same with some McCartney LPs recently.  PSA database shows no picture for this. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Beatles-George-Harrison-autographed-Al...

Views: 1861

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It certainly appears that way, and it’s working too. I saw that four of the Maccas have been sold. 

Is there any reason why the certification number is in PSA/DNA database but with no picture?

PSA/DNA takes photos of autographs issued LOAs, not COAs. COAs aren't photographed in most cases.

OK, but, the certification numbers show in PSA/DNA database that it's a George Harrison or Paul McCartney autographs. How come PSA didn't issue LOAs for such important autographs?

Daniel,

You’re right. Please send me the serial numbers and I will ask PSA what is going on.

What makes you think they did not issue full LOAs?  I'm guessing the guy is printing his own cert cards and stickers knowing that PSA either forgot or are too lazy to post photos of some items which defeats the purpose of having a photo matched database. 

I think another possibility could be that these items were early ones authenticated by PSA and they did not take photos at that time. The "B28---" certification # seems like it was used early as I've attached two photos of the "B" certificates being used for early Kobe Bryant autographs that come with PSA's old COAs. 

Even if they were earlier cert cards they still should have full letter LOAs as the value of McCartney and Harrison autographs were never lower than $50.00.  There is no reason not to have photos in PSA's database of valuable items. 

I agree, I'm just not sure if it was a policy of theres back then. 

You're right. I've seen an older high-value item that I'm sure received an LOA, and there was no image in the database.

My best guess is that, at the time, PSA felt there was no need to upload photos of the actual items and that a hologram with a matching COA would suffice. They then may have had issues where a hologram was switched onto a different item or a duplicate set of hologram/COA were made and decided to go with photos of the high value items. Just a guess :) 

The cert # for that one starts with a B like the one in the OP. Also, I just found a Lennon/McCartney/Starr signed item with a cert # starting with a B and no image in the database. It was certed in 2003.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service