We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

While the autographs pictured below all seem authentic, there are serious documentation errors by PSA/DNA on each item which increase the value significantly. I’ve heard many horror stories about PSA's authentication/card-grading practices to ever consider anything a “innocent” error. There are similar errors on the market as we speak...

For example:

The letter states John Panozzo as one of the 6 signatures but it is actually Todd Sucherman. John Panozzo is much more valuable and died in 1996. This obvious mistake increases the value of the item.

This is not signed by the deceased Bob Denver (aka Gilligan) but rather secretarial signed. Again the value is greater with the error.

This is not signed by rare deceased musician Mark Sandman (from the band Morphine) but Homeboy Sandman the Rapper (Real name Angel Del Villar II). Again the value is increased by the error.

Views: 4334

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roy Campanella is another great example of serious errors by PSA/DNA which have come to light recently.

Rubber Stamped Roy Campanella autographs authenticated by PSA

Thanks, James. I'll delete your blog on the same subject now.

I made a previous thread on this one alone...I still feel despite the errors...I still will use them...its impossible to get them ALL right..but this one right here to me does not look authentic what so ever...I have got Yogi time and time again over a span of 12 years and nothing he ever signed for me looked likes this including up until about 2 months ago...

eBay user presspasscollectibles looks like he has an "in" with PSA, I question the authenticity of many of his PSA items. This MJ is a complete hack job of a MJ autograph (There are several area's of hesitation in the autograph)... I think it's strange that he is the only seller on ebay with this variety of MJ autograph. If you look at many of his items you will see that PSA bends the rules with this seller...

This same company has offered a LOT of fake NASCAR items in the past. They always had PSA coas too. Not all of their NASCAR items were bad. But there have been many over the years. Who is certing the items? It always seemed like this seller got a "free pass".

This mj looks like one I got in the 90's at the Bob Hope golf tourney .

I know it doesnt match with the one pictured. But I got Jordan in 1988 for the first time and have gotten him on many occasions since. He at one time signed like the one pictured . It was around the mid 90's .

Looks like they have an "in" with JSA too.  I see these listed all the time, all with the JSA sticker on them.  All signed by the same hand, pretty decidedly not Bono's.  The constantly exaggerated "O" and the utter confusion on how to finish off the signature are a giveaway.  

While I'm at it, another one of the same breed from Timeless Autograph Auctions.

Really PSA, a genuine "Shoeless" Joe Jackson Autograph!!!! This is beyond reckless, there is no way PSA can guarantee that's an authentic Joe Jackson autograph! Did they think just the Pete in Pete Rose would hide the obvious!  

Actually they might be able too. I am sure that PSA probably has one of the biggest exemplar files around when it comes to players like Jackson. Although its an extremely rare autograph, you have to imagine how many they see, most of which are probably fake. Are two letters enough to authenticate a signature? Its iffy, but according to every authentication company in existence, the answer is that it is. Their are many many celebs that sign with even crappier signatures that are authenticated. But i cant blame the authentication companies b/c thats all the celeb gives. Its easy to question PSA on the Joe signature, and it may very well be bad, but we have no idea what kind of exemplar file they have on Joe. So while this may be not authentic, it at the same time could be very real and backed up by solid examples. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service