We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

a few month ago i posted a discussion on how id sent an image of this Hendrix signature from e bay to PSA for a quick opinion and they came back likely not genuine and how Roger Epperson had in the meantime passed it as genuine 

what a surprise to find that now its in the hands of a big autograph dealer at over three times the price its now passed PSA with flying colours and is fully certificated ..how odd 

Views: 2160

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know Adam. He can do what he likes. Most of these tpa's in the end only will authenticate the stuff there selling or authenticate for auction houses.

I guess I just don't understand how he would B willing to give a positive quick opinion, but not give an option to back it up with an loa.

I am sure he has his reasons, but it is almost like "Sure it is good but I won't supply documentation stating that." I still trust his opinion over PSA QO for sure.

I don't understand myself. Quick opinions are a waste of money if this is the case.

I asked Roger once and he said the hassle of shipping overseas and the risk of loss or damage wasn't worth it. Last I checked, his rates were considerably less than PSA/DNA and JSA on most autographs, so that probably figures in.

If you want Roger's LOA, you could send it to a friend you trust in the US and he can send it in.

This item is authentic IMO. Also, if you trust PSA/DNA quick opinion you might as well be buying a scratch off ticket with that opinion. That service is ran by a very spotty group which doesn't fully look into and/or ask the experts needed on high end autographs like this. They will 99% of the time fail items like this for that reason via quick opinion. If you have questions about items on Ebay, i'd suggest you ask Roger or work out a deal with him regarding quick opinion items. The premise of this is incorrect though, it's not that you are getting unfair treatment, you are just not getting a full examination. If you purchased this and presented it to PSA/DNA at a show I'm sure they would have passed it for you also. 

I am NEVER USING PSA's QUICK OPINION ever again.  They are wrong so many times and you don't know who is looking at your item. Waste of 10 bucks and in your case really hurtful as it probably cost you a lot more.

Psa, all the way.

Roger can do whatever he wants. If your passing x amount of quick opinions overseas for x amount of time without writing a coa out for them, whats the point.
You can get an opinion of the guys on the forum.

The response from PSA is a good one apparently the guy returned my opinion request as likely not genuine because the signatures arent dark enough and he couldnt see them properly this apparently makes them forgeries

the obvious response should have been unable to render an opinion due to image quality though of course that would mean having to refund my $10

I should get a refund also since Epperson isn't writing out coa's.

Believe it or not, PressPass had a promotion to submit your collectibles in through them to get authenticated by PSA/DNA.  I definitely feel if I had not done authentication through them the two baseball autographs I had wouldn't have gotten certified by PSA if I had done it the traditional way given previous experiences.  Grateful they passed though..

Thats what i think rr auctions should do.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service