We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hey guys! I would probabaly like to buy myself for my birthday this Ray Charles autograph..is it genuine in your eyes?Cheers, Christian:)

Because Innuendo on this website said that his Freddie Mercury signature was fake...so I am curious..

Tags: Charles, Ray

Views: 12067

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Late 90s/early 2000s secretarial Ray. Too bad, it would be so nice since it's signed to your name.

yes thats exactly what I thought! I would have been too nice! hehe..by the way secretarial means it has been signed just by the secretary..or did the secretary help MR Charles by leading his hand?..ptobably just the secretary.beacuse the hadnwriting is too good i guess heh

Thank you by the way for your reply:)Cheers

Both are not real.

I know Ray has signed a couple of things in his lifetime, he always said "I don't signed anything I can't see" !!

thank you:) so you you think that the signature which is been sold on ebay is then real?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/RAY-CHARLES-Hand-Written-unguided-Autograph-...

I don't think this one is real, either, although it is more like Ray's actual writing. It's far too polished, though. When Ray signed himself, which was very rare, the autographs were very crudely signed. I have never seen anything as polished as this from known genuine examples.

This is one of mine. I'm selling one of two I have in a personal collection of hand-written autographs collected face-to-face with stars between 1962 and 1964 by a friend of mine who was active collecting autographs from artists performing in Birmingham between those years. I appreciate your opinion but this was taken face to face with Ray in Birmingham UK in 1963 in a non-rushed environment and he wasn't guided in anyway. For some back drop to this I've got autographs from virtually every artist that performed in Birmingham between 1962-64. Many are long since forgotten artists but many not. So its not just this Ray autograph but autographs taken from virtually every performer coming to our city between those dates. It's a one-off collection. You can name any performer who visited Birmingham between those dates big or small, remembered or forgotten and I will probably have an autograph. My friend Paul met virtually every British and American star who performed here between 1962-1964. There is no way we would fake one single autograph amongst 1000+ autographs many of which are of stars than most members of this forum won't even have heard as many will be forgotten now. 

This is one of mine. I'm selling one of two I have in a personal collection of hand-written autographs collected face-to-face with stars between 1962 and 1964 by a friend of mine who was active collecting autographs from artists performing in Birmingham between those years. I appreciate Steve's point below but this was taken face to face with Ray in Birmingham UK in 1963 in a non-rushed environment and he wasn't guided in anyway. For some back drop to this I've got autographs from virtually every artist that performed in Birmingham between 1962-64. Many are long since forgotten artists but many not. So its not just this Ray autograph but autographs taken from virtually every performer coming to our city between those dates. It's a one-off collection. We are selling some duplicates. 

Ok thank you Sir for your remark! But could you just post your other Ray Charles signatures wihich you dont sell just for comparasment..because as you see I dont have just a few signatures of Ray Charles as comparasment;)Thanks Sir!

This is the other one we've got. This is in a page from an end of year New Musical Express Magazine for 1962. It also contains 50+ other autographs from other stars who came into town through 1963. A real mixed bag of UK & US stars, some remembered today and many forgotten. At the moment Paul has no plans to sell this one and we don't really want to break up the item to sell any individuals so it makes it hard to price anyway. The one we have decided to sell is on the back of a promo post card. Paul's friend who also collected with him also got two autographs from Ray so he did four in total that afternoon. His friend - who died last year - autographs whereabouts are unknown.  

I am a little skeptical as to how a blind person could sign his name in a straight line, avoiding writing on the newspaper type.

Well he did. Who says he was even trying to avoid the print - how could he? its impossible. He just got lucky! name any band/singer who played live in Birmingham, UK in 1963 and i will probably have their autograph from the same collection. Stars big and small, remembered and forgotten in the collection. There are 1000+ autographs in the collection so the idea we'd fake up 1000+ autographs to sell one fake Ray Charles is just complete nonsense. This is just one autograph in a massive collection which is a unique snapshot of the live music scene in Birmingham in 1963. 

By feeling the top edge of the paper with his hand he knows he is going in a straight line across.  Obviously.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service