We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hey guys! I would probabaly like to buy myself for my birthday this Ray Charles autograph..is it genuine in your eyes?Cheers, Christian:)

Because Innuendo on this website said that his Freddie Mercury signature was fake...so I am curious..

Tags: Charles, Ray

Views: 12067

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bob it took place and it could be I've got the date wrong. It was defenetly in the afternoon, Paul remembers that. I hate taking information off blogs like yours as half the time they are wrong and you've already proved it regards your views on autographs existing or not. From the Birmingham end I've been trying to get a list of converts that were in Birmingham through the 1960s from various local archives and have done it for several venues but not for the Odeon yet. PS I have found cases of the Beatles doing gigs during the day and evening and multiple venues at different ends of the country

Phil is 100% correct that Ray Charles did a show in Birmingham but it was on the 17th May 1963, rather than the 16th. 

Hello Sir! I guess you are the guy who we were talking about...can you prove Sir that it happened on the 17 of May..i searched I could not find something? How did you get the autographs(probabaly one of them stamps) of Ray Charles?Cheers,Chris

I'd say he didn't sign them very often as you simply never see any that look in anyway realistic. The idea stated above that he used a stamp is complete nonsense also. If he had a stamp made then it would have been used over and over again and there would be lots of examples. Bob is correct in terms of I don't expect there are many autographs at all but to say that he NEVER signed is clearly incorrect and not something Bob can possibly know. 

"...but to say that he NEVER used a stamp is clearly incorrect and not something Phil can possibly know."

?

I look forward to seeing some examples

Well, we could discuss ink in the meanwhile :)

I am open to seeing another examples like this. What type of pen does that? Can we get a huge scan?

would also like a huge scan..to see it more properly!!

Send me a PM Christian. if you are genuinely interested I'll send over the best pic I've got of both autographs. Only one is for sale though. 

i would like to discuss it with the guys..to see every ones opinion because i am a totally beginner with autographs..and Charlies it totally worth to be discussed about..can you post it here? Please :)

Send me a PM with an email address and I'll mail you the best images I've got of both. If you were in the market to buy then we can get you on a skype with Paul who can talk you through this experience with Ray and what he was up to at the time. I appreciate you want feedback from others but remember its all just opinions. I doubt anyone on this thread as either met Ray Charles who knows personally anyone that did. it's probably one of those autographs that's next to impossible to verify unless you look at the back story and buy into that. 

or you ignore the back story and take the signature at face value, which is the logical approach to take.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service