We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hey guys! I would probabaly like to buy myself for my birthday this Ray Charles autograph..is it genuine in your eyes?Cheers, Christian:)

Because Innuendo on this website said that his Freddie Mercury signature was fake...so I am curious..

Tags: Charles, Ray

Views: 12076

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great work Eric. Where did you find the new one?

Just as well that the OP example was sold as a stamped autograph. It didn't sell for much and the signed NME magazine also sold for relatively little - around £500 or maybe even less.

The end price for the NME was not great considering how many autographs was in there. What they didn't do is market it as a Ray Charles item so it don't think it got the right attention but overall we sold a lot of autographs for a good end price. Roger Epperson had authenticated this one along with the Beatles and the Stones items I put up for sale. It was my decision to put the post card in as a stamp.

I think its a stretch to believe that Mr. Charles would have the ability to hand sign this post card, right smack in the middle, perfectly centered, under the obvious stamp of "musically yours" and not over lap any of the stamp?  virtually ever other of his very rare authentic versions look like, well, that they were signed by a blind a person.   The argument that you have not seen another one does not add any credibility to the authenticity of this one.  It is a stamp.

I bow down to your expert opinion. Only an idiot would think he was trying to perfectly centre it - how could he?? - he was blind. That's just the way it turned out. "musically yours" is stamped of course. its a promo card and most of the stars back then had these stuffed in their pockets. I'll never ever see a stamp like this and neither will you. if he had a stamp then it would be unlikely to mimic his real signature. 

Very interesting discussion.
But Phil, it's not necessary to repeat everything 20 times. We know by now you have all the artists that came to Birmingham between 62 and 64. If everyone would repeat as you do, the thread would be 100 pages already. Nothing personal though ;-).

Sorry if its genuinely upset you but it really is a fascinating collection. 

The picture that was signed for the Swedish promoter (the bottom one), was signed while Ray was in Stockholm for concerts on 1-2 June 1962. The promoter also stated that you will find nicer and neater Ray Charles autographs from this period, but they were all signed by Rays manager. Ray also had the same manager for over 30 years.

It is a very rare and difficult autograph to authenticate.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

yes absolutely, barely anyone will have seen a genuine one but everyone has an expert opinion. LOL, the environment and how it was taken is very much a factor. When Paul met Ray is was in the afternoon so really early and there was no-one else there at the Stage Door other than his manager or PA and Paul's friend who also got two autographs from Ray. Paul recalls Ray took his time and was in no rush. He also did it leaning on Paul's autograph book which would reduce shakiness. He was also un-guided. It was Ray's first UK tour and Paul recalls he was quite pleased and friendly to have two English boys speaking to him. 

You have an opinion too it seems, and by your own admission are not an autograph collector or dealer or whatever. That has some weight too. 

Please remember, I am "discussing" with ink, NOT you Phil :)

That's a truth.

If we are not already, I will send a friend request. I never suggested your Paul lied or anything like that. Trying not to take offense - it's working too. 

The top one was signed in San Jose for Miss Cupertino in 1962. He invited her to lunch after he performed. She had already gotten the rest of the band to sign (on the other side) and he offered to sign it.

Was her memory affected over 55 years? that's even longer ago than Paul's. lol

It's conceivable. There is a video where she talks about meeting Ray.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service