We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just bought this one, came with a COA from DPA (decisionpointathenticity) :

What do you think  ?

http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280690189277&...

Tags: A, Queen, at, brian, deacon, freddie, john, may, mercury, night, More…opera, roger, taylor, the

Views: 9481

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Queen is one of my favorite bands. I interviewed Brian May. I have signed thing from entire band.

This is an absolute fake. I have no doubt about it. I've never seen a Mercury that looked this bad.

I agree with Josh, .............this signed LP is lousy....

(the Roger Taylor does not pass the laugh test).

Here`s one I have in my collection.... signed in 1989 for an employee of EMI.....you can also check out http://queenautographs.net/ for genuine examples:)

Here's a side-by-side comparison of Steve Duncan's and bjarte79's Freddy Mercury inscribed cards, along with your friend's autograph, Gavin. Her's was signed more than 10 years earlier, so that makes a difference. I don't know how his handwriting changed over the years, particularly as Mercury was nearing the end, but comparing them to known genuine and secretarial examples from the same time period as hers was signed should help.

Thanks for the comparisons Steve, the Mercury in the first one seems almost identical, as is the ie at the end of Freddie, including the dot above the e, and not the i, as it should be. I can see the difference in the dd but the overall similarities seem to outweigh that

I followed Bjarte79's suggestion to check out Queen Autographs and found this page helpful:

http://queenautographs.net/queenautographs.htm

I'm sorry but in my expert opinion neither of the signed Queen albums are authentic.  The may is horrible that is for sure but Freddie is just as bad.  Note how the "dd" are at the same angle on the Lp's but an authentic example from any era shows the "d" leaning forward and the second goes back.  I have to agree that the signatures tell the story.  Sorry.

I got these in 1974 (I was 12 at that time) when Queen played Finland. I met Freddie & Co at a pressconference. I called EMI and told them that I would like to get autographs of this great group (I had heard 1 track from the radio...). I also got Sheer Heart Attack album signed by them. I got the LP from Freddie at the pressconference.

If you actually witnessed them signing, (it isn't clear from  the above whether you got them at the press conference, or later from EMI, but I presume you meant from the conference), then these must be genuine, and if they are, then it shows the Freddie Mercury did sign some autographs with the dd as normally. The M of Mercury is also different to the previously authenticated signatures, showing that  his signature could vary a lot.

I cannot see how some people on here  can dismiss what appears to be genuine  signatures, obtained from reputable sources, as fakes, when there is so much variation in these signatures. I agree that the first instance of the record sleeve, (from eBay), appears to be fake, as it is almost certainly a copy done from the image on my website, but that does not make the original one on my site a fake,  just that whoever faked it thought it genuine enough to copy.

Yes I witnessed them signing (=I was there and got the autographs in person). When I called EMI they invited me to the pressconference and told me that I could get the autographs there.   As the band was relatively unknown at that time (here in Finland) there were not that many people. The band members were not sitting behind a desk. Instead they were having drinks and snacks and anyone could talk to them.  This is a long and nice story cut short... Ps. as I write in my previus mail these autographs are from 1974 so they are quite early ones.

Here are two more photos (sorry for the bad quality. I don´t have a scanner at home).Here Freddie Mercury has signed even more clear "dd". Also the album is from the pressconference. When Freddie heard that I don´t have any Queen records he asked a man (the one who had invited me) from EMI to give me one. Ofcourse I asked the band to sign it too.

Thanks Juah, even more proof that some of the doubters on here might not be as knowledgeable as they would like us to think they are.

I only came upon this discussion by accident when editing links on my website, but I am glad I did as I don't appreciate my friend being called  a seller of fake signatures. If I hadn't stumbled upon this site, those accusations would have gone unanswered, leaving my friend and I totally unaware of what we were being accused of. There is a clear contact email address on the site, but nobody even bothered to ask for my comments before spouting accusations.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service