We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 7382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first reaction when I saw the signature was that it didn't look.right. if two of the top authentication services are rejecting the signature, there is something wrong. 

The kicker is that if you search for PSA authenticated Ringo signed items on eBay, there are in my opinion two SoCal forgeries that are currently for sale. Those are the ones that I think should have failed, and not this one.

Was. It was in a book. Not anymore.

True. I wonder if they knew which book it was taken from and, if so, what their explanation could be with regard to the entire edition. He only signed a portion of the signatures? Crazy stuff.

I sent Beckett the exact webpage I bought it from and their response was they wanted me to mail it back in for reconsideration (but would have to charge me again). Whether it’s in the book or not… It shouldn’t matter where the autograph came from, it’s either real or not. I got a response from Genesis Publications and they are angry with Beckett - Their lawyers will contact me soon to possibly take action against them. They also said their director was present while all books were signed. 

It might be a matter of context in this case. They may be seeing an uptick of loose cuts that claim to be from the book or look like the book but aren't good, as well as other bad cuts. In this situation it couldn't hurt if it was still in the book. The charging you again is no surprise. It is a business first.

That’s the old double or nothing routine. I received the same offer from PSA for a different item. It’s true that the signature should stand on its own, but if you know which book it’s from and fail it, you’re knowingly casting doubt over the entire edition. Obviously, it isn’t too tough to figure out which book it’s from.

I also Purchased the signed book and I contacted Genesis about this and they e-mailed me today saying with out a doubt they are real and they said they are looking into psa and beckett with there legal team about them saying there not legit 

Bill, I appreciate you taking the time and emailing them as well! It’s 100% real and has zero signs of autopen. It was just a lazy job and lack of research by PSA/Beckett.

Keep contacting genesis until they answer you

They responded today saying their legal team will reach out to me for further information. I didn’t realize the UK were off of work Friday and Monday. 

No offence, but cutting this book is a true no-go. Can’t think of any reason to do this. It takes away all the charm and value of the autograph.

I think this is the first time Beckett receives a cut from these books, they were so suprised they rejected it lol.

Of course these are real. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service