We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 12075

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I received the same email too. I’m still waiting to see what version of signature I get from my B&N order (shipments to Aust are taking awhile).

My books from Waterstone and Hatchards in UK were definitely his signature. Both very different from those I’ve seen on here and fleabay. So I’m happy I’ve at least got two real versions  for myself and my son.

Mine the U.K. White Rabbit Books publication too, ordered through Waterstones 

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Laughing Sea. Yours has a good chance of being authentic. I’d love to have yours instead of mine. 

Unless my copy is handwritten by someone being paid to do fakes for Robby. Makes you wonder - since the book was advertised as ‘signed by the author’, not ‘auto-pen signed by the author’. Anything is possible 

Id demand a refund. File a chargeback. Whatever it takes. 

I received an autopen or possibly a copied page from BAM. I sent an email to them including pictures. 16FCFCE5-B3A3-4791-B07A-0795EFCE80E6.jpeg

Response from Books-A-Million:

Nov 9, 2021, 4:22 PM CST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Books-A-Million!

We are sorry to hear that you’re not satisfied with your purchase of (Set the Night on Fire" by Robby Krieger). Unfortunately, publishers and authors are the ones who determine whether we received bookplates or signed books, and this can change without notice. 

All books in our autographed collection come with an authentic autograph, regardless of whether it is a bookplate or a signed page. We appreciate your feedback and will make sure it gets passed along to our book buyers.

BAM is garbage. Never doing business with that sorry excuse of a company again. First they lost my Grohl order and today they cancelled my Will Smith order. 

I’ve had a few cancellations lately as well including Will Smith. I almost feel like if I order from BAM I need to have a back up order from another store at this point! I felt like they should have at least offered a refund for the fake Krieger autograph.

Absolutely. Very frustrating. The Kreiger nonsense seals the deal for me. Not worth the trouble spending money with them.

Email them back. Tell them to stop with the generic responses. Threaten to go public with this info on social media.. everyone needs to do this not just 1 person.. how else will we get them to stop this practice? As long as it still makes them money, it will never end. Publishers need to learn to avoid autopens. They see us only as numbers. They don't care about you or how you feel, they just want your money.. its sad BAM is a 3rd party to this.. but if they have a direct line to the publisher and people involved in the decision to use autopens, we have to fight through BAM. The sooner we can make them realize this is a bad practice, the sooner it will end.

I made a post right on Kreigers facebook page asking Why all the fake signatures go check it out people are responding

I tried going to his official page but haven't seen anything. Im probably in the wrong place. Do u have a link? Either way, good job buddy! There are people out there who arnt bothered. Possibly would have bought the book anyways and they see this as a bonus.. its not just convincing the publishers and krieger himself but also to pass on info to fans how this is affecting the autograph collecting community. You would think sinead O'Connors experience earlier this year would have resonated.. this is going to be a long fight

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service