We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Rolls Royce bonnet signed by Paul McCartney, Bono, Beyoncé, Kanye West, Katy Perry etc.

Hi Everyone,

I bought this Rolls-Royce Coupe bonnet signed at the 2008 EMA awards from MTV last year and was just wondering about the potential value of it if ever I were to sell it in the future? It is contained within a wooden frame with inbuilt lighting and photos of all of the signers signing. I didn't pay a huge amount for it so I'm not expecting thousands and thousands. 

It is signed by (deep breath):

Sir Paul McCartney (signature approx: 35cm (13 inches) long with doodled face)

Bono (with sketch and "I still want my MTV 2008" inscribed) 

Beyoncé

Kelly Rowland 

Solange Knowles

Katy Perry

P!nk ("XOXO" with skating boy sketch)

Kanye West (with broken heart sketch)

Take That (minus Robbie Williams with Take That logos drawn. Gary Barlow adds "Love")

Grace Jones 

The Killers (Brandon Flowers using a sketch of flowers as a surname)

The Sugababes

Kid Rock

Estelle (with sketch of dress she was wearing at the awards)

Craig David

Anastacia (with smiley face)

Perez Hilton ("Drive safely... And in STYLE! XOXO")

Travee McCoy (with graffiti style "Travee")

The Wombats (with sketch of the band, a heart and "Thank you very much + practice safe sex!")

The Rasmus (Lauri Ylonen)

MTV CEO W.H. Roedy (MTV = LOVE AND UNITY LIVERPOOL!!)

Tokio Hotel

Any help would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Ethan 

P.S Sorry about the sizing of the images, it's only my second post and I haven't quite worked it out yet!

Tags: Beyonce, Beyoncé, Bono, Kanye, McCartney, Perry

Views: 3790

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the fact that there is a photo of Mccartney signing (and other celebrities) brings the value way up as well.

I think I've seen maybe 2 or 3 "exact proof" Mccartney items. For me "exact proof" items hold far more value and to many.

I don't know about $25K, but I imaging it being fairly close to that figure, certainly in the 5 figures.

I think this item is wonderfully unique and the provenance is outstanding. It's future home will also be unique as well and could fit in many different environments beyond autograph collectors per say. 

If this is intended to be sold, I believe that it needs to be consigned to a major auction house which has the capacity to reach the broadest possible market.

This is the kind of piece that could sell for $5,000 to $20,000 or more depending on who it is exposed to. There are many with deep pockets and the flair of the unusual that would find this piece interesting.

Auctions are strange things which makes it hard to assign a value. I've seen lots that are worth $10K open at $1500 and there is not action, even the person running the auction is like "is anyone out there?". Same company 6 months later, and lots that are worth maybe $250 are selling for $2500. There is no rhyme or reason. I guess it just depends if big money comes out to play.

Exactly, this item needs exposure. The more the better. I could see it at an auto dealership, restaurant, or in a private collection.

to a degree, one can protect oneself from these fluxuations by using reserves. There are a number of auto actions by sotherbys/christies and others in Britian  , yearly, that this might fit in with a high reserve

True, you can, of course if the reserve is too high, the item won't move. A couple years ago tracks tried to sell a Lennon Guitar and I think the starting price was $500K and no one wanted it. I imagine it is still not sold now 2 years later. Sometimes you have to  wait years for the right buyer and sometimes sellers don't have years to wait. It just depends.

Kid rock is a big name in Detroit, once car capital! 

You have 2 out of 3 destiny's child graphs and two Knowles sisters on there.

Pink is really talented artist and Kate perry is easy on the eye's!

The item looks really gangster ,im sure it will do well when you sell it!

Solange Knowles is widely considered to have put out one of the top five albums of the year this year. So I can see her autograph rising in value a bit if she can keep it up.

Ethan, here is a multiple signed piece I picked up awhile back for USA Live Aid.  If you ever see one of these for Britian LIve Aid let me know!

http://live.autographmagazine.com/video/copy-of-live-aid-usa

agree...if you go with a high reserve and doesn't sell it can be costly -catalog cost, photo costs, shipping, packing, storage, insurance, ... but you can also screw yourself by going with the low reserve  where it sells to for that $4000 reserve and you see it pop up again at another auction house year later selling for $300,000., usually to an auction house insider. This happens and there is a whole strategy to auctioning and this is just the tip on tip of the iceberg

Dont forget who kicked of Mccartneys career, Kayne, hes on there.
And Elvis's!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service