We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Note:  11/3/2011  THREAD RULEs;

1. If You are gonna post a picture in this Thread then PLEASE leave it POSTED.  When there is commentary for it or comparisons & then removed the Thread overall has a problem and many, including me, don't know what the heck someone is/was talking about.  If it's a personally owned one then put a watermark on it if that's a worry.  But DON"T Delete.  I do from time to time copy them just in case but now always" . 11/3/2011

2. If you are posting an item from an "auction" site (ebay etc...) then pls post the actual picture, and then a link to it along with the "auction" or source site.  Links become dated and items disappear for a variety of reasons (12/4/2011)

As one wanders around the WWW on auction sites or blogs it is inevitable that the "secretarials" verbiage will arise.  There are many breakout discussions (see a partial list below that hopefully, I captured the greater majority of threads) and in typical fashion we deviate on many threads (which I have not captured) and throw in a secretarial here & there.

Many times the secretarials focus on the high end selling items as opposed to the mid level ones e.g. The Honeymooners.  Of course, the secretarials differ, at least in verbiage, to the Clubhouse, AutoPen or outright forgeries (there are lots of good threads on) but that is not for this discussion.

But back to the midlevel ones like Roy & Dale Evans,  Barbara Striesand,  Mary Tyler Moore or Tony Curtis to mention a few.   I will add 3 pictures of authentic ones (there may be variations) for the latter three but don't have the secretarials for a side by side (which I like to see as it provides a good visual).  Anyone have some?  So at the risk of biting off too much (if an area takes off, perhaps I can create a breakout thread for it) what are OTHER KNOWN Secretarials and their Authentic ones and why Secretarials? 

for reference only;

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/most-forged-signatur...

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/charlton-heston-secr...   Charlton Heston  

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/psadna-certified-ite...  psa/dna  Sonny Listion aka Roster masacree

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/signature-study-for-... sinatra, Sammy Dave, Gregory Peck & Glen Ford

Then we have the unfortunate masacree Vanderhoven Threads;

Montgomery Clift;  http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/montgomery-clift-opi...

Tags: fakes, secretarials

Views: 19287

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is  Loni Anderson everyone's WKRP favorite noted as authentic with subsequent info that TTMs are mostly secretarial

Here is Whoopie Goldberg noted as authentic with subsequent info that TTMs are mostly secretarial

Is this Jackie Gleason authentic or secretarial?

this does not look like the notorious secreterials that have been previously thought to be authentic. but I'm not sure if its authentic.  it has some good features.

Roy Rogers & Dale Evans - is one that has really been ignored.  However there seems to be a big distinction between agreed upon authentic ones -vs- classical secretarials. There are also a few that appear to be of the classical "secretarial" or forgery style.  Did virginia linn who I believe was a longtime aide provide many of these to the myriad of fans?   I'd bet a $1.00 she would say no but the styles are so definitive.   A key for those reading this is the connection of the Y to the R as you notice in the agreed upon authentic ones in contrast to perceived secretarail ones -   Then we will follow with what's believe to be "secretarial" and one has a PSA on it and of course those that fall in the gray area as they have some but not all the authentic characteristics.   So what do people think?;

in contrast to these perceived as secretarial

and where would be if there weren't a few in the gray area with the first one appearing to be authentic (could be debated)  but signed by Roy (or could argue dale) for both signatures;

this one is PSA and has some of the characteristics but a secretarial type flair at the end.

I can't add much to the Roy Rogers discussion, but I suppose the Doris Day secretarial belongs here.

just spotted and "borrowed" this list from worldofautographs - thanks Michael you're helping out the thread already'.   Granted we are about "secretarials" but at least listing some in Michael's opinion of preprint ones furthers the cause of TTM.

Some celebrities who are well known for sending preprints or secretarials are (this is just a partial list):

Alan Alda       Alex Rodriguez    Alyson Hannigan      Andy Garcia      Angelina Jolie    Benicio Del Toro
Carmen Electra    Christian Slater  Clint Eastwood  David Duchovny   Dean Cain  Drew Barrymore 

Gillian Anderson  Halle Berry  Hank Azaria  Henry Winkler  Jennifer Aniston  Jennifer Garner 

Jensen Ackles   Jessica Biel  Jim Carrey   Jodi Foster  John Travolta   Kaley Cuoco  Kate Mulgrew  Kathy Ireland  Kim Bassinger

Krista Allen     Lauren Graham   LeVar Burton   Marg Helgenberger Matthew Fox  Matthew Perry  Minnie Driver

Neil Patrick Harris Neve Campbell Nicholas Cage Ozzy Osbourne (all the Osboures do it)

Poppy Montgomery   Robert Deniro  Robert Duvall  Robert Patrick  Rod Stewart  Sarah Michelle Gellar   

The Rock    Thomas Jane    Tim Allen  Tobey Maguire  Tom Arnold   Tony Hawk   Tyra Banks   Zoey Deschanel

Most TV Cast Photos  Most Star Trek actors

Michael Jackson;  Don't ya just hate it when thread owners already have something then start a 'sub-thread!"  Contrary to popular belief I don't memorize the pages, lol...

So here we have a Michael Jackson and information that I pulled from another thread here on aml... So much information all over the place!

Comment by Jacob W. Chewningon November 12, 2011 at 12:06am

There's been a bunch of confusion about these MJ signatures where the J in Jackson swings up into an immediate loop then back down to finish his name. These are NOT genuine Michael Jackson autographs. They were hand signed autographs but not signed by MJ. His production company MJJ Productions were behind these sigs and in charge of non-inperson signing event type things where he would give approval for hundreds if not thousands of "secretarials" to be distributed to all over the world. He would never do thru the mail signings obviously, so if you didnt know him personally, you pretty much got this exact signature written by one of several people in the production office if you even got anything back at all. I bought one as genuine way back when before i knew a bit more and got stuck with it for the longest time....it actualy became lost during a move so someone may have found it and hey, maybe it just made their day. Thats what these sigs were supposed to do in the first place, make people happy and im pretty dang sure they did. Afterall, how would MJ be able to answer the estimated 1 million autograph requests recieved during just his stay at neverland alone. Not counting indiana and hayvenhurst....if i was in that situation, you bet your a%@ i'd get a crew to figure something out for me as well! Sorry its not genuine hand signed by Michael but it is however an official MJJ productions piece of very cool memorabilia, although your post was from a while back, maybe this shed a little light on the dark are that has confused many people for years on this signature in particular. Have a truly nice evening.

where does one feel this one falls?

and another one up on R&R for comparison;

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service