We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

it's real or fake???

Views: 629

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't believe a genuine signed guitar with Sid exist. You didn't carry around a guitar to a punk concert.

it is true, and the disk that you say?

from vintage vinyl.biz

Nico,

Based on their "guarantee" and authenticity statement alone, I would be concerned about this company. This is their guarantee page:

Autograph Authenticity

We guarantee each and every autograph item we sell. Each item comes with a COA(Certificate of Authenticity) from us, with our contact information and a picture of the item. Sometimes we have a letter or information from how the item was obtained.

We only accept opinion's on autograph authenticty question's from "IN PERSON EXAMINATION'S, NOT QUICK OPINION'S/EMAIL'S". We will not accept returns on autographed items with rejection's from other dealers or Authenticator's involved in lawsuits. Only approved 3rd party authenticator's. Autograph authentication is not a exact science, and is opinion based. We will need 100% verifiable proof that a item is not authentic not someone's opinion. Once proof we find acceptable to us is supplied, we will refund the PURCHASE PRICE ONLY, To the original purchaser.  Any questions please email us before you BUY! 

sorry but I have so much to ask and to learn (to also learn how to use the site correctly) that I go to freewheel and I like to hear opinions from others, however, if I want to buy something or ask for an autograph is authentic if I can not? for you have to buy something on the page Anpharus buy and sell but do not understand how to run your ad, excuse my strong curiosity and impulsiveness !!

if I want to buy something on that vessel entry?

I don't know what you mean.

Nico,

The best thing to do it is to not start new discussions each time. If you have a discussion on Sex Pistols already, add any other Sex Pistols autographs you're curious about to it.

Also, please get help from a friend with your English, or use an Italian/English translator like Google translate. That way it will be easier for members to understand you.

how do you publish buy / sell of buy and sell? button that is to be crushed?

I can't understand what you're saying, Nico, sorry.

We only accept opinion's on autograph authenticty question's from "IN PERSON EXAMINATION'S, NOT QUICK OPINION'S/EMAIL'S". We will not accept returns on autographed items with rejection's from other dealers or Authenticator's involved in lawsuits. Only approved 3rd party authenticator's. Autograph authentication is not a exact science, and is opinion based. We will need 100% verifiable proof that a item is not authentic not someone's opinion. Once proof we find acceptable to us is supplied, we will refund the PURCHASE PRICE ONLY, To the original purchaser.  Any questions please email us before you BUY! 

Honestly, most of that doesn't seem too out of the ordinary. Some of it can be problematic, but it'd depend on how specifically they implement it.

To break it down, line by line:

We only accept opinion's on autograph authenticty question's from "IN PERSON EXAMINATION'S, NOT QUICK OPINION'S/EMAIL'S".

"Quick Opinions" are known to be so "quick" as to be unreliable. Heck, there's a thread going on right now raging against them for calling autographs fake that were later authenticated by that same company with a full examination. I wouldn't want a large financial transaction staked on them either.

We will not accept returns on autographed items with rejection's from other dealers or Authenticator's involved in lawsuits.

Oddly specific, but it doesn't single any one person/side out; considering there's a huge turf war going on, I'd prefer to stake my reputation on a neutral third party, rather than someone who might have an agenda or something to prove.

Only approved 3rd party authenticator's.

Roger Epperson has that same rule--or, at least, he did at one time. A thread here got derailed with a discussion about how he wouldn't refund when PSA rejected an item, because he wanted a specific expert, not PSA as a whole.

Autograph authentication is not a exact science, and is opinion based.

That's 100% true. Unless it's witnessed, a TPA offers only their (hopefully learned) opinion.

We will need 100% verifiable proof that a item is not authentic not someone's opinion.

This is a little odd, and it can be problematic, but I can see the point of it. If they agree to the TPA, it should be easily handled.

Once proof we find acceptable to us is supplied, we will refund the PURCHASE PRICE ONLY, To the original purchaser.

The first part can be problematic, but, again, should be easily handled if they agree to the TPA. It depends on how they implement it. The other two parts are standard. Once the "fake the COA" thing turned mainstream, a lot of people started limiting the warranty to only the original purchaser & I don't know of any major dealer who'll reimburse authentication fees. I'm sure they're out there, but it's far from standard practice.

That guarantee is legally meaningless. "Involved in a lawsuit"? what company hasn't been involved in a lawsuit? An employee can file a lawsuit over his/her sick leave. Would that disqualify the TPA?

What the guarantee really means is this: "We may, at our sole and absolute discretion, refund your money if we choose to". The guarantee above has the same effect, but it makes it sound much more friendly to the buyer.

A rejection letter from Jesus notarized by God and delivered by the Pope would still provide them with sufficient legal room to deny a refund.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service