We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

All right, you sucked me into spending a few hours banging out a few images to show some history of the autograph that I have been most connected to, at least for authentication purposes.

Image one shows his early full signature with nearly every letter, Image 2 shows how the letters started falling away, but the A is still there and mostly fully formed with the same turn that we see in his H. Image 3 is his more modern signatures and most like what you might get today, while image 4 consists entirely of Official Pix signed items.

Views: 9277

Replies to This Discussion

Nice post, Pete. Very interesting. I'm glad my Ford is the 90's version and not the late 2000's :)

OK so what do we see here?

What we have here is a few years worth of one seller in the UK supplying other dealers and ebay.... they look spectacular, but they are all forgeries.

I wouldn't want to be buying stuff that can fool almost everyone if I was in the market for a Ford.

If he is that good at knocking off the long version, imagine what he can do with the short one.

Amen.

If it's any consolation, he must have a lot of attempts before he gets one that's right. Otherwise, why use index cards? He could make a killing with this signature on photos.

Forgers are cheap.....no denying that.

Those are spectacularly heartbreaking. No words. Know anyone that's been duped by them so far? I mean if I'd saw that with a $250 price tag I would've probably bitten.

I bought one about 3 years ago, when the 2nd one hit I knew there was an issue. By the time #3 hit, my friends already knew about it or knew enough to ask me first.

Something came up and I realized that no matter what some people do, they don't deserve to buy fake autographs. Posting this here and now might save someone from wasting money, even if they don't deserve it.

Most honourable. Sign of a gentleman.

The third one has 'Grosvenor' written on it which is a big hotel in London further indicating a UK ring. Glad Pete saved my ass on this one.

It appears #2 and #6 are identical, could they be prints or are these the same card?

It's the same piece. If you look closely at the top right corner in the second picture, you can see the impression of the writing that's been erased.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service