We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

The Signed Deluxe edition of Renegades will be on sale at Barnes & Noble on Dec 7th. Limit of one per person and instore only. No online orders . Barnes and Noble members only and the price is $500, 10% for members RENEGADES: BORN IN THE USA. (barnesandnoble.com) 

and Amazon Amazon.com: Renegades: Born in the USA (Deluxe Signed Edition): 978...

Views: 61210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the concern is that someone removed the signed page and resealed these, hence the looser plastic. However, it could also just be that these were just packaged in a different batch and the tightness of the plastic was probably not really considered to be important.

What was the printed material? There's a printed flyer (?) on the back inside the seal, is that it?

Thank you for confirming this is not the original seal. This means it should be opened or returned. There's no other way to guarantee if the signature page is inside. An honest return could have the signature page, but I'm sure there are some dishonest returns as well. I wouldn't count on Amazon to check for that.

Its on the back side

That material on the back is really irrelevant if someone took out the page and resealed it. That info would still be on the back but the autograph page would be missing. Until someone opens a "baggy" one to confirm, we probably would have no way of knowing. 

It definitely looks like a reseal. That would also explain the discount compared to its original sale price. It could be people who have opened them just to see it or that they have some small flaw. It would be nice to know if there have been any issues with the signatures on these batches.

If we go with an assumption that these are returns, shouldn't Amazon be selling them under Marketplace as Like New instead of classified as new?

Could be overstock the publisher repackaged and sold to amazon as new. I just got one from amazon that looks exactly like the one I got from BAM, but it wasn’t in the brown box, it was in a sealed bubble bag. Could be unsold Barnes and Nobles copies went back to the publisher and syphoned to amazon.

The publisher could very well have shrink wrapped them.

Hopefully someone opens one. I just dont want to be the one lol.

I hope so too.

I remember a year or two ago when Natalie Portman signed her children’s book and had signed copies sold at Barnes & Noble someone bought several of the books in person, cut out the signed page, resealed them, then returned them to the store for full price. A friend of mine knew someone who bought one, opened it, and signed page was clipped out. You could tell it was cut out as it had a little paper left in the book - so it definitely wasn’t missing from publisher. 

I also am aware of publishers sometimes goofing and one such situation occurred where people got a signed book with 2 or even 3 signed pages whereas other copies had zero signed pages. It was clear it was the publisher as you could tell from the binding that the signed page(s) were not inserted correctly. 

I didn't even think of possible publisher errors. Keeping these sealed would probably increase the long-term value of the book, but imagine finding out in 20 years that there was no signed page, even in publishers seal? 

If these are resealed returns, you cannot assume if one person opens one with a signature page that your book has one too. You have to assume there are returns from honest people but that does not mean there aren't any bad returns.

If someone can confirm these are from another batch that would be awesome, but unless you work for the publisher I think that's difficult to be certain of.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service