We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

is this Stan musial signed ball authentic.

Views: 2152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know how anybody makes money selling them for that low. Last show I saw Stan at, he was charging $119 per flat item

Dom, in regards to the stickers at least, I've seen lots that feature a HUGE amount of Musial signatures, mainly checks, that go for say, $10 a check. 

Here is an example:

http://www.lelands.com/Auction/AuctionDetail/73650/Spring-2014-Cata...(1590)

Right there you have 1590 Musial signatures at just under $10 each.

I also do see, card companies mainly, just selling a lot of autographed stickers they had a player sign and these usually go for cheap. It would not surprise me at all if a dealer bought say 1000 signed stickers at $5 each and then just started slapping them onto cards, photos, etc. 

You're right Mike, but that still leave almost no room for profit. I would like to know why JSA considers his Pujols items to be not authentic. How did JSA come to that conclusion? I also would like to know who he knows in Derick Rose's family because he has sold hundreds of Rose autographs since 2011. At first, all of those, like his Pujols, came JSA. Now, his Pujols and Rose's are all GA (Steve Sipe)

Stan signed so much, there are many many Musial autographs out there.   Just like Bob Feller his autographs are cheap too.  Stan was a great signer.  R.I.P

$5 on each sticker along with a card worth a dollar (likely much less if he bought a lot of Musial cards) and having each sell for at least $15 still leaves you with a nice little $9000 profit over a couple of months if you're patient.

As for the other items such as the Pujols', I'm not too familiar with them but JSA rejecting a big supply would have me worried. It's like they know something we don't.

I do agree that tons of inventory, unless you're running private signings, is very suspicious. I can hardly get 10 good items at good resale value from a player in one year.
I will reply to a few things here and I am done, because this guy dom isn't hearing me anyway.

First off, I got into it with jsa and I don't submit to Psa. JSA doesn't authenticate for me directly because I don't submit to them. However, looking at ebay, I see over 15 items for sale right now signed by Albert pujols which were recently sold by me and authenticated by Psa or jsa in the last 6 months for their other customers. Also to prove a point, I recently sent a friend 5 items from the pujols family and jsa passed every one...so actually they are authenticating my stuff. They are using a play on words by saying they don't because I don't submit to them myself.

As far as who I deal with the the pujols and rose families. I wasn't born last night. I am well aware when you give your sources, dealers try to come in and take your business and cut you out. That being said, JSA knows the names of the family members I deal with and so do the guys at sgc and global because I used to open the boxes in front of them and show them the shipping labels. Right from the families addressed to me. If they deny that, they are lying.

As far as Stan Musial stickers being profitable at $15 each, the actual average selling price is closer to $25 because of the high end cards. When you consider Stan signed for his company for free and that the stickers cost 1 penny each...that's all profit buddy! So actually it's very lucrative. Helping sell them has been a nice deal as I am treated very well for doing it. So let's not assume it's not profitable because that's another ignorant statement.

The rose family, the pujols family, and the Musial families know me. They know they sell and have sold to me. I have nothing to prove to you and if jsa denies that they have seen countless boxes from the pujols family sent to me, they are pulling the wool over your eyes.

As far as JSA alleging that authentication services are done in confidence and they don't share information about customers and their collections...I think they are showing that actually they are as much of a gossip service spreading lies as rumors as they are and Authentication company. What Psa and JSA won't tell you is they authenticated over 600 total rose and pujols items that came from me and they continue to authenticate my items from these players via other dealers...I just don't deal with them directly as actually these days I only do private signings which are contracted with athletes, due to bring done with having to deal with the Psa and jsa games. The guys I deal with now all have their own player coas and I skip the exorbitant jsa and Psa fees.

JSA was just at my public signing with Ben McLemore last week authenticating for my customers and their own employee came through the line and purchased signatures from me and watched the signing. So JSA doesn't deal with me eh?

I am done with this thread, have answered every question, and won't give exact names of the family members I work with because I don't want dealers stealing my sources. The authenticators already know who I deal with so I don't need to tell every billy bob online.
By the way DOM, I like how you slowly back off your comments about the Musial items, when you and everyone else knows damn well your original post insinuates that you have doubts about the Authenticity of the Stan Musial signatures, and tried to create doubt with others. So now you want to attempt to undermine the Stan the Man, Inc. COA's too? Because of sheer volume? I don't see you questioning the upper deck UDA Michael Jordan items due to sheer volume sold!

Also, as far as some autos with the Stan the man Jc coas being kind of sloppy...let's see how you guys write when you are 88 years old....

Talk to me then..maybe dom will still be questioning your all signatures then, wondering why an 88 year old can't match his autograph from 30 years prior.

Much of this is common sense, for someone who lives on a message board picking fights in the memorabilia business, the lack of common sense is unbelievable.
If you would like to speak to me about these issues dom, send me your number. Otherwise, I am not going back and forth with you on a website that allows posters to stay anonymous. For all I know, you have a sweetheart deal with jsa and you shill for them. I don't have time to play games on a thread where you are not held accountable for false statements. I don't chase players and hotels and venues for autographs, so I'll leave that up for you to do as a grown man chasing free signatures from kids.
Actually, I will say one more thing to you dom. I hear you are an autograph chaser and were chasing the Seahawks last week. I guarantee you if you sent all your in Person obtained autos to Psa and jsa, many would fail. Many. Everyone knows the game...guys sign sloppy or awkward or change the auto...and then jsa or Psa fails it but keeps the fees right? Even though it's real. As a chaser, you know Psa and jsa make good money failing real autos obtained in person by collectors. This is the dirty little secret. So i guess every auto you have without Psa or JSA is a fake right? Seriously, open your eyes. Sheep. Open your eyes, you are being played.
I spoke about the fact that some good autos do get rejected because they look obscure compared to the signers normal writing style. I'd rather have a forensic document examiner of my choice to look at the items. Especially when it comes to vintage items. Would psa dna hold up in a court of law?

David, so you are the seller of that ebay account. I will reply to a few things as well and I'm done with you. 

I never slowly backed off anything. I posted the Musial cards to see if anyone else has seen those before after Randy hinted at some Stan the Man COA's be fraudulent. Believe it or not, this site has some very smart members regarding autographs. 

You never state in any of your auctions that Stan's company consigned to you. I know for a fact he did not sign for free and even TTM, he had a price list depending on what your item was. It was not cheap. I was not the one that said JSA was not passing your items anymore. That came directly from a JSA rep. I followed your auctions for years and noticed everything came with a JSA sticker and then all of a sudden it turned to GA. I'm sure you are well aware of the reputation Steve Sipe (GA) has being involved in the industry. Why use them then? I would never allow anything I own to be stickered by GA. 

I don't live on a message board and I haven't chased autographs since high school. I do attend paid signings several times a year. Are you gonna make fun of those people too?

I will say this though. Albert Pujols family members must be the nicest people on earth. Nick Drbal can also vouch for that.

Dom,

I don't need to state in my listings that Stan the Man inc consigns with me because that's my business and is irrelevant to the Authenticity of the cards. When I say Stan signed for free, I mean he signed his own product for free for his own inventory. Do you understand now? Meaning Stan the man owned the stickers he signed so he wasn't charging himself to sign them. Once he signed them, all those 1 penny cost stickers are now stickers selling for over 20 bucks each on average online. When I say he signed for free, I mean Stan the man inc has no cost in those cause they were Stan's, buddy!

As far as Alberts family being the nicest people on earth, they are very nice. That being said, if you are implying they GAVE me these items for FREE...no! I paid for them so therefore I don't understand how simply selling autographs makes them nice. You don't know them.

I don't use JSA first things first because I had some words to say to jimmy spence that he didn't like when he was in saint Louis failing a line full of people's pujols autographs. JSA is a major joke in regards to pujols authentication and it is well known in saint Louis. All around the memorabilia circles, people call jsa paranoid about pujols and say they don't Know jack on him. They fail real stuff all the time.

I'll tell you a story. I sent 3 dozen pujols baseballs and 20 sports illustrateds to jsa..all from Alberts family. They rejected them. A week later I get a call saying they had visited Alberts foundation, matched my items, and wanted to see them again. They then passed all of them. All of them. So if I don't know Alberts family, tell me anyone else with 50 pujols items passing jsa at once. They also just certed 12 baseball cards I sold to a guy in Chicago. So again...if they don't pass my pujols stuff...that's an awful lot of bs they are feeding you.

I don't care what lies jsa told you, you are the one spreading them.

Having dealt with Psa and jsa and GAI..I find steve sipe to be the most approachable. If avoiding a few bucks to avoid the high priced scumbags at jsa, well worth it.

FYI a pujols trading card goes for 50 bucks with jsa. JSA/BGS wants to charge 30 on pujols. Not sure where the profit can be made either there buddy. JSA isn't making any extra money for the seller than GAI on those items under 100 bucks. Do the math.

Anyways I sign players to contracts now and we use a player Coa so honestly avoiding all 3rd party fees like Stan the man inc does is ideal.

And you did clearly use the selling prices as a way to question the Stan autographs. The old Stan letters were photocopied by some people sure, but there have been no reports of his cert with the hologram being copied. You can't photocopy a hologram Einstein.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service