We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I have been collecting Star Wars autographs since 1998.  Not all of my signatures are on Star Wars memorabilia.  For example, when I met Warwick Davis at a comic convention in New York City, I had him sign a Willow photograph.  I also have publicity photos of Sir Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee from the 1970s, and a Natalie Portman signed The Diary of Anne Frank theater poster from her performance on Broadway back in 1998.  My current wish list includes Peter Cushing, Terence Stamp and John Williams.  I am interested in knowing about the collections and wish lists of other members.

Views: 87831

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations Pete.  Well done.

That is super awesome, Pete. Where did you meet Abrams?

What do you guys think of this? Looks good to me, but want to make sure.

Looks pretty typical to me Mark.

That's what I thought, just wanted to double check. Thanks, Mike!

Thanks to a very good friend of a very good friend... Daisy is in the house!!!

Awesome!  Congratulations JXE.  I am hoping to add her autograph to my collection as well.  Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Nice photo, I hope you didn't pay too much for it.  I hate to see everyone overpaying for these graphs when these actors are going to be at every convention for the next 10 years.  LFCC and Celebration have already announced the ep7 actors for Spring.  Hold out a few more months and they will be very affordable.

I agree with Mike that these prices will likely come down, but today's modern collectors are stuck with thoughts of Natalie refusing to sign for 15+ years, or Heath dying before anyone (almost everyone) had the chance to get Joker shots done. 

Grabbing one now ....is kind of like insurance, and if you can average down in the coming months....great.

If some tragedy befalls the celeb, or they turn into a Portman......you have yours.

I am happy and comfortable with the price I paid. It was more than I would expect in any other circumstance, but my logic was exactly what Pete spelled out... the extra amount was for insurance. Also, she's already getting sloppy and dropping letters and there's maybe 30-40 of these out there right now. I don't think she'll be doing any cons any time soon; and if she starts signing for collectors at premieres, etc., who knows what her graph will eventually turn into...

I know one guy that has 30-40 of them :)

If you're happy with it that's all the matters, but I know for fact she will be signing at conventions, she's contractually obligated to attend. Disney doesn't mess around with their promotional clauses.

Here's the promo for LFCC this Spring, they already have some of them committed.

I'd love to see that guy's stack of 30-40!

That flyer doesn't have me convinced she'll be doing cons regularly. If that flyer was advertising Avengers guests the assumption would be it's Anthony Mackie and not Scarlett Johansson. I know it's not a perfect comparison, but in general they usually send out the supporting cast and not the actress they're hoping to launch as a new star in a big role in what will probably be the highest grossing movie of all time.

I guess only time will tell what ends up happening. Until then I'm happy having one I like. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service