We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 10527

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm so signed photo for $5

Theoretically he can cancel after the first month and get it for $5.

I don't support that line of thinking though, you'll be taking money from charity instead of giving.

We all had lots of opportunities this year to get some good deals on signed items from commercial parties benefitting their own agenda's (like charts and bestseller lists). This is not the thing to be cheap about.

You can take $100 from every member of this forum and it won't make a difference. Steven and the rest of Aerosmith can shake out their pocket change and donate more. 

Although, rather donate to this than raise money for "Cancer Research" 

Which of my comments was incorrect?

Yeah, if you're going to do something like buying a "supporter pledge" (or whatever variation it's called), the ethical thing is to at least stick with it long enough to make it worth the charity's time.

My rule of thumb is if it's a non-profit offering something I really want, I'll give them 3-6 months of support, depending on the ask and if I believe in the mission. If I'm at a gala where someone I want to meet/get stuff signed by is speaking, I'll drop some coin on their new releases to make it worth their while and mine (especially if I'm bringing items along with me to sign at the event).

Not saying I'd only pay the $5. I don't need an 8x10 signed by Steve. I got to meet him at Disney World one time for free. Was enough for me!

Is this the one from last year? They don't seem to sell for much.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185648461152?hash=item2b3982b560:g:ctoAA...

Nope. This is the one from last year. Notice the difference in the quality of the graphs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115539249555?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkri...

That's much nicer. Cool. I've made up my mind about how many months I will pay.

No, that one probably didn't sell for much because it looks sketchy.

Thanks for the information on this. 

I just signed up for the $5 a month.  I plan to honor the commitment for the year, and if I get the signed photo and it's nice I will send them another donation.

BTW, if people are planning to donate the minimum for a month or two and then cancel, I expect that they'll shut down that option for next year. I hope greedy (and cheap) people don't ruin it for the rest of us.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service