We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I had this one previously listed in another area and decided this one needs to be discussed in this forum. I am not an expert on Stevie's signature by any means but did have some concerns once I received it. I do know that her personal assistant named Ginny did sign on her behalf quite frequently and her signature is quite similar to Stevie's.

I have also included a Stamp on the back of the photo which links to Ginny which I did not know about until receiving the item.

What say my fellow members. I feel is it, more than likely, a secretarial.

Views: 4470

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I still lean the OP is secretarial but my opinion doesn't really matter. Joe have you asked any other tpa's? With the Sn items I posted that sold for a few thousand I'm curious what you paid for your photo? ( it's a fair question but you don't have to answer)

I went with Beckett because a very well respected member here advised me privately that Beckett was the best choice currently of the TPAs. 

I have solid sources to say my signed photo is genuine and they have no skin in the game. I also understand that there is some evidence that this Ginny may have taken some liberties with signing although there is evidence, at times, she did get Stevie to sign for fans.

I decided to let Beckett be the referee in this case. 

Paul, it is my personal opinion that the price paid in the examples you reference far exceeds fair market value of Stevie. 

Your possibly correct 7k for a signed replica mic. When you have a few unquestionable items for a cause sure the auction can run away.

In this day and age you could almost find one tpa to pass an item ( I'm not talking about joes) if one fails go to another or try the same co in 6 months.

this is 100% secretarial. 

Thank-you, Xwiesy.

+1

heres a real inperson stevieeres a real stevie

I appreciate all the input on this one and certainly RESPECT every opinion, on both sides.

What I am looking at is a fairly balanced number of viewpoints on my Stevie signed photo. Both sides have very credible reputations in the hobby. Doesn't make it easy in a hobby that is based primarily on opinions.

I do know that my source for this autograph has also read this discussion and still believes the signature is Stevie's. It's a borderline call in my mind. Based on the information I have been given, especially privately, there are valid points that it still could be authentic.

In order to be fair to the seller I purchased this from I am using Beckett to be the final say. Myself and the seller agreed if Beckett does not authenticate it, I can return it. He probably would have accepted the return without this but that would have left a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

I will let everyone know when the item is returned back to me. Now, I understand we can then debate the merits or lack of on TPA services. But, the vast majority of collectors place their trust in them. It's an imperfect world but it's the only one we have.

Update. Still waiting for this to be returned to me by Bickett. 30 days and counting. Turn around time seems to be excessive, imo. 

Shouldn’t have an issue getting it certed. BAS consistently certs these styles

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service