We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Guitar Strap with Hat Doodle... thoughts?

I've had this one for a long time - what is the feeling on it?  Was that doodle a thing he used to do?  I have nnot seen another with that. Many thanks

Tags: Stevie Ray Vaughan

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure of the source, but the signature does look atypical to me. The signature is supposed to be representative of his signature style from around 1987-1990. I have never seen a legit SRV signature with a doodle like that or anything similar. I would run this past Epperson for QO, but my best guess is that this is likely a forgery unless you saw it signed.

Tacoma -

Thanks - I did send it off to Roger for a quick opinion, I know he's also a major fan of SRV, I'll update with his thoughts. I was suspicious of the doodle, thinking it was placed as a distraction/diversion from the sig, but at the time I took the chance.

This doesn't look good to me 

I heard back from Epperson on a quick opinion -  he's "on the fence"... leaning towards not authentic... at least he did not come out and absolutely NG.  Is it worth sending off to another authenticator?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service