We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61467

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark,

Doing stuff like this (posting items that you don't know if it's real or not) does nothing but mess up a discussion such as this.  You posted it as authentic.  I have made my points and would rather not be involved in this discussion anymore as who knows what has or will be posted as real autographs.

All i will say is that the ones you got in the mail are not signed by JJL in my expert opinion.  

Good luck on your study.

I apologize for posting it.  It was an example from the OTHER thread.  I was simply trying to move the conversation over to a new thread per Steve.  Roger you cant control what anyone posts... why would you stop helping people because of one post.  I thought the idea of this forum was to help with this hobby we are excited to be a part of. 

THIS is my first post as far as a study and I have spent time and effort in it as well as money.  Paying for persons opinion.  I also take what you do very serious and your opinion is the way you make your living.  I have said that on numerous occasions.

Again - sorry that you feel you cannot be apart of this conversation because of the one post.  I trust your knowledge tremendously.

Mark

That would suck if it is her signing and be as shameful as a dishonest dealer selling a fake on ebay.  Lets hope it is not true.  Regarding the 2010 Best Buy signing,  I got there late and couldnt get one that day, but raced back uptown to his hotel, and that is when I showed Judith the Million Dollar Quartet photo.  Jerry got out of the limo, very fragile looking, and she told me he was too weak & tired to sign it, but then gave me the address to mail the photo.  It took about a month to get back and I posted it in the prior thread on this subject.  As for the CD signing, the ones I saw on ebay immediatley listed after the BB signing do indeed look like the one in this thread for sale.

I agree with Roger and think they are not signed my JLL.

Its MY opinion that its probably Judith doing the signing, after looking at the back of the check SHE signed.

thanks

MArk

So is this the final word on the matter?  I still would like to see a signed Mean Old Man CD insert from a person that actualy went to the signing.  If it looks like the other one posted here (squiggly line and all), then there is still a chance the TTMs are real.

I don't think this is the final word by far. I think we have more to learn before it is case closed. More information will come to light.
Here is another sample from a respected auction house.
Attachments: No photo uploads here
My last reply for the night...
After digging on the internet for a bit, I found none with the same squiggle underneath. I've also seen very few with nice inscriptions and the ones that are inscribed are not very clean and clear. I'm now thinking either jll is really doing some new things with his sig or they are not his sig.

REGARDING THE CD BOOKLET - this is what the seller said.

"Best Buy was giving the signed cd booklets when you purchase the cd. Which also got you to the area to see him perform a few songs. I didn't see him sign it. I dont' think Best Buy people saw him sign it. He looked to frail to be signing anything"

This is pure speculation on my part - If Judith was with him and they look like the TTM signatures maybe its because she signed them for him.

Well that kinda settles it.  If BBuy was handing out pre-signed bookelts, it is very likely Judith signed them and that is why they appear to resemble the recent TTMs.  I think its shameful to scam his fans like this.

This is a JLL signed in 2011 in Chicago and gotten by a good friend of mine so I know it's real.  This again looks nothing like the TTM ones and this is quite a full signature for him.

Nice piece!  For sale?

Awesome piece!!!!

Mark

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service