We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Steve asked me to start a new thread since some were having a lot of issues with regards to whether or not the through the mail autographs of Jerry Lee Lewis are real or not.  I will post some examples of what we have been getting recently and some know in person examples.   These TTM signatures are not cheap.  You have to pay $50 for them to his box office box.  The question is are they real or not.  Roger has said that he has never seen Mr. Lewis sign this way and it looks to perfect - like a woman's signature.  

Please post your thoughts here and examples.

thanks

Mark

Views: 61434

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ballroom - that letter does not mean that Steve Grad approved that Jerry Lee Lewis.. common on now, you know that.  It does not mean that Steve Grad even saw that graph pictured. 

Mark

Right. Before I sent the book in, PSA would never authenticate it. After it was correctly authenticated and signed off on by Grad, it doesn't matter. They authenticated Jackie Gleason secretarials, and he probably just blindly signed the LOA anyway.

All in the world is right again...we are discussing the infamous JLL graph. 

Anyway, here is a cool listing with neat pictures. The Killer and Dr. Nick

Can we be confident that these signatures are in two different hands? The top one was sold through RR Auction, while the bottom example is the PSA/DNA authenticated book signature. Does anyone question the top example?

I can certainly see your point here.
On the other hand, I don't recall many examples of the y stopping like this. Sometimes when the y is straight he doubles back up to start forming the first L. The following is about the only other example like this, other than the books.
https://jerryleelewisblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/jllpsau00383....

Thanks, Chad. I think we've seen several others. You don't like the GBOF signatures? How about this one?

Since this seems to have become a perpetual discussion, allow me to again point out a significant issue that is being overlooked.

Posters here are autograph people.  So it's natural to look at just the signed document for "proof" of an item's authenticity. 

However, for me, there is something much more telling than signature comparisons or even PSA/DNA's "authentication."  That is, when WPIX-TV in New York tried to authenticate the book signatures by tracing their origin, not a single person or company in the autograph chain acted in a manner consistent with the signatures being authentic. Not one.

That speaks loudly.

http://pix11.com/2015/04/08/buyer-beware-jerry-lee-lewis-book-autog...

Very good point - Sidney. 

Mark

So true. 

I did ask JW about it and he said he doesn't sign autographs for JLL. JLL told the Memphis Business Journal that his hand was getting tired from signing the books. This was prior to any accusations that someone else signed them. Judith also stated that JLL signed the books. 

so you really believe that they would come clean after deceiving their fans TTM and now the books?  Come on........  

As far as I'm concerned, the signatures back up the statements. All of this time and the book signature and TTM claims amount to absolutely nothing. Zero. Five signatures were presented as examples of TTM secretarials, all of which were said to be consistent with each other. A while later, another signature that is obviously consistent with one of those five was offered for sale by the same person. If that doesn't tell you that there's a problem, nothing will. Now we have a signature that was pre-certed by that same person, and the owner of this site is saying that it's "without a doubt" consistent with the book signatures(!).

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service